Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One thing we cannot deny, those kids that thankfully got out of that "lecture" without getting shot got a message about firearm safety that I doubt any will forget. In that respect, I don't think anyone could have been more successful than that federal agent in delivering such a message. He really took one for the gun safety team.

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
One thing we cannot deny, those kids that thankfully got out of that "lecture" without getting shot got a message about firearm safety that I doubt any will forget. In that respect, I don't think anyone could have been more successful than that federal agent in delivering such a message. He really took one for the gun safety team.
Where did he actually take the hit?...I will say he toughed it out better than I expected...

·
Banned
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Likely a flesh wound in the thigh. He was in shock. Felt like a hammer lick to the leg and he was on auto-pilot. If his thigh bone had been shattered he'd have gone over like a sawed down tree. If he had hit his femoral artery he would have been unconscious and dying. He started really feeling it about 15 minutes later.

Yep, thigh. He's suing (not himself), check this out:
http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&brand=msnbc&vid=8e839dca-60b7-44f5-a26a-fa3886d8c12b&from=00

·
Banned
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to the internet he's famous.

The interview helps understand what happened. He got nervous, locked the slide on an empty chamber, released the slide stripping a round from the mag that he didn't drop, then pulled the trigger to removed the slide from the frame, which is necessary on a Glock. He wanted to pop the top off to show how skilled he was in field stripping and shot himself. That has happened with Glocks. Hands in motion ahead of brain not in gear.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
This is the guy who taught MauserBoy the ol' "Chamber a round and wave the pistol at your foot" trick, as seen in the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Y37KV2IG8

MBY with his four year career in law enforcement {cough-cough} would never had shot himself in the leg, I'm sure.

That DEA video never gets old. :)

Yeah, as far as I can figure, he must have prepared the pistol prior to the demonstration by removing the mag, ejecting a round, and then place the loaded mag back in the pistol.

Jacks the slide back, releases it, and strips a live round.

Incredibly stupid to have a loaded mag in the pistol, especially when a dummy round would allow the pistol action to behave "normally."

What amazes me the most is that he HAD to have his finger on the trigger when he was holstering it.

Also amazing is the fact that the people in that room were so sheeplike, they probably never realized it really did go off.

I LOVE the fact that later on when the rifle is brought out, he says "Whoa, don't worry, this is an empty rifle, folks!"

My Kahr PM9 is the same design as the Glock, minus any trigger safeties, and I have unholstered and holstered it countless times in the many years of having a CCW permit...and it not gone off.

·
Silver Bullet Member an all around excellent guy
49,990 Posts
Jacks the slide back, releases it, and strips a live round.
About two years ago we had a local -ahem- youth try this same stunt while showing off his street cred to his friends.

He pulled out the mag.
He brought the slide back to make sure it was empty.
He then -wait here it comes- put the mag back in and released the slide.
He put the gun to his head and said "Yeah, I'm Bad!" and pulled the trigger. :(

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
This is the guy who taught MauserBoy the ol' "Chamber a round and wave the pistol at your foot" trick, as seen in the video below:
Unless each of my feet are 10' long, then I could not have been in any danger of my foot getting shot.

Dumba$$.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
101,489 Posts
About two years ago we had a local -ahem- youth try this same stunt while showing off his street cred to his friends.

He pulled out the mag.

Did he get a nomination for a Darwin?

Oh - sounds like a good deed to me. "Think of it as evolution in action" to borrow from Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle (OATH OF FEALTY, read it sometime, good book)...

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
105,301 Posts

He pulled out the mag.
Was the gene pool improved ?

·
Silver Bullet Member an all around excellent guy
49,990 Posts
Was the gene pool improved ?
Scientifically speaking I'd have to say that objective observations indicate the affirmative.

As a Christian though, I'm on thin ice already so I'd better say it was a tragic early end to a misunderstood and misguided life.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
41,519 Posts
I never get tired of watching MB's shooting and disassembly videos on youtube. They are so informative, and it's always great watching his spastic shooting techniques. I'm sure they are superior to my own.

·
Banned
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I believe he intentionally pulled to trigger so that he could field strip it / remove the slide from the from to show his skillz. He forgot his previous manuever a couple seconds before put a live one in the pipe.

·
Platinum Bullet member
10,586 Posts
I never get tired of watching MB's shooting and disassembly videos on youtube. They are so informative, and it's always great watching his spastic shooting techniques. I'm sure they are superior to my own.

You could try putting sand in your semi-auto. ;) You would then instantly acheive the child's level of proficiency... such as it isn't. :rolleyes:

Locally, there was a constable several years ago who was practicing fast draw with a single action. In the interest of safety, he was using wax bullets... The ER Dr had quite a time getting all the wax from his leg. SW

·
Banned
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
3,937 Posts

He pulled out the mag.
Back when I first met my now-ex wife, we had a neighbor that was drunk and platying Russian Roullette with a pump shotgun.

The woman wakes me at about 4AM saying, "did you HEAR that?"

Roommate comes to the room, "Did you hear that?"

"Hear WHAT?" I say, groggy and grumpy.

Neighbor's friend comes banging on OUR door. I heard that.

Turns out they were drinking and came up with the brilliant idea of putting a round in the ole pump action and seeing who got hit first. Took me a while to explaint to the idiot that it would be best if he called an ambualnce to help his friend, which he eventually did. Made for a long night and strange morning. I was meeting her kids for the first tie, they were coming over, and the first thing they saw was the couch in the street with blood and brain stuff all over it.

Though I was really annoyed, I was glad that it was a one time mistake he would not repeat again.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.