Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What movies would you say give the best "instructions" for shooting and survival skills?
I'm talking Hollywood type films not instructional videos and the kind with practical information, the kind that you might pick up something useful from instead of the usual tripe.

Just watching the Magnificant 7 where they are teaching the villagers to shoot and that sparked the question.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
i don't think ANY are good for anything but entertainment.. but.. i really like HEAT(1995') it has meaning for ME.. :cool:
+1, just because they actually have to reload. BeSwift

·
Gold Bullet member
2,347 Posts
i don't think ANY are good for anything but entertainment.. but.. i really like HEAT(1995') it has meaning for ME.. :cool:
I agree. But I really did like "The Final Option". Plenty of good action without too much extraneous BS explosions and shooting just to pad the film.

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator/Administrator/
27,673 Posts
Let's see

Soylent Green
Mars Attacks (keep your wind up radios, dudes!)
Rambo I, II, III, IV, V
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
There might be others, but these just popped in my head... :):) :rolleyes:

·
Silver Bullet member
2,567 Posts
not a movie, but Jericho. Not as detailed with instructions, but many thought provoking scenes for supplies needed and feasible situations.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
+1 for Jerico !!!& it is still available free online ..

The Three Amigos ?anyone ? anyone ?

Police academy had a good training scene , When the instructor explained that the bullet goes very , very fast ...... lol

Sorry , I'm a fan of comedies .....

For a Blade , Kill Bill , volume 1 & 2 .

·
Banned
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There was a foreign film I rented awhile back, 'The last Lieutenant' I think, about the invasion of Norway and a former cavalry officer (class of 1904) forming a guerilla unit to fight the Germans.
They had one firefight and then all went home except the old Lt.
I seem to remember some useful 'organizational' hints in that but shees, talk about a let down.
The lesson was just give in to tyranny because otherwise someone might get hurt. I know the Norwegians resisted, the movie seems like an insult to their memory.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.