Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I looked at a 1944 Husky m/96 with a Pramm sight.The rear sight base was present,S.S. marked but without the sight.Visible numbers matched and non numbered parts had the Husqvarna crown The stock did not have the three crowns that I have seen attributed to FSR rifles. The serial number falls within the 18,000 number range that is listed in Crown Jewels as being made for civilian use.Is this rifle just a Husky with a Pramm sight or considered a FSR rifle? What would be an average price for this in very good condition? Thanks for your replies-Mashwamp

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
8,976 Posts
That is a little bit of an opened ended question . Any rifle owned by a FSR member would be considered a FSR rifle . Not all were marked , as with 3 crowns . The Husqvarna M-96 rifles made in 1943 & 1944 were made for the civilian shooters & probably distributed by the FSR ( volunteer shooters movement ) . These have straight bolt handles . Some have the SM sikte AGJ-ram rear sight & others have the 3 step standard M-96 rear sight . Although the stock was cut for the brass bore disc , they did not get the bore disc because they were not in military service . Any number of modification may have occured while in civilian hands & still be considered a FSR rifle , whether done by a FSR member or someone else is anyones guess .

These Husqvarna rifles are rare in the USA in any form . Some were converted to CG63's . If you see Allan's Armory , he has 3 Husqvarna M-96's with the SM sikte AGJ-ram rear sights in the $475/$500 price range . If you add a diopter sight , that could be another $150 on top of that or more . The market is slowing down on these rifles coming from Sweden . The price can only go up .

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,380 Posts
Here are some photos of three Husqvarna M/96 "FSR" rifles one has a Pramm diopter sight. As Swede said they do not have stock discs, and have never been drilled for them. The stocks are a little shiny as they just received their semi-annual rub down. I would agree with Swede on prices. Remember they are not making any more of these and they are very hard to come by here in the U.S.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts