Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
12,051 Posts
Of the two options I would go with the Midwest piece. Please note however that most bipods (such as the Harris) mount off of a sling swivel stud, not a Picatinny or Weaver rail as provided by the two short sections of rail you selected. There are adapters that offer a quick-release option for attaching/detaching a Harris bipod to a Picatinny rail, such as the LaRue. Probably about $80 for the adapter.

·
Banned
9,193 Posts
Go with the Midwest, no doubt, hands down, don't even look at that CAA thing. The Midwest can also work as a taclight mount. I highly recommend the handguards right below it, the Magpul MOEs. I wish I had seen the Midwest that you posted because I bought a longer one and ended up trimming it on the front, back, dehorning it and refinishing it. That Midwest is off the shelf what my mods were to make my rail "perfect" for me. Best $14 you'll spend. I also highly recommend the Streamlight TLR1 taclight with the pressure switch package. You can use it on your handguns, pop the pressure switch package on it and use it to keep nocturnal critters out your garbage with your .22, AR, whatever. Great light and you can get them for $90 and cheaper and will pop right on that rail.

As an aside, I use the picatinny rail segments on about all of my rifles, Ruger .22 to M1A to AR because the same bipod with an ARMS32 (I recommend what I don't have, the Larue) with a Harris LRM leg notch will work on all of them, as will the TLR1.

Good luck,
Hambone

·
Banned
9,193 Posts
As an aside, the sum total of rail segments I've ever used on anything consist of that two inch segment for a light or bipod. On my M4Gery I have a RAS for a vert. handgrip, but the other rails all over it are just things that require the extra expense of rail covers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.