·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
deleted

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
What you have identified sounds like a Finn M39 Mosin-Nagant rifle, not a Nagant (which is a little revolver). However, without pictures, it'll be tough to identify for sure. Take a look at this site for more information, and look under the "Finnish" sections.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks so much! Based on what I saw at that site, it is indeed an M27! Gun has a curve rear site and solid front band - man, I paid like $75 for this thing - I done GOOOD!

Is the collectability of this gun high?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Um, not really! They're actually VERY common, so if you need to get rid of it I'll offer you about 1.5x what you paid ($110 or so) to help recover your "loss" and get that nasty thing off your hands! :D

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I think the marking on the barrel shank must be circle with an upside down triangle & T inside it. A 1940 Tikka M27, not a VT or VKT.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Radom, I believe that you are correct!

Is it unusual to have the front swivel on the side as in the M39? The guid referenced above shows the front sling attachment to be the thru-the-stock hole, but mine has a M39 attament

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,377 Posts
That's not "like an M39" at all as it's a completely different type of swivel. It's known as a "ski-trooper" and is only found on M27s (although the swivel would fit on any Mosin with a front sling slot). It's relatively uncommon compared to M27s with a plain front slot. I don't know what the actual percentages are, and there's no telling how many have been lost, or added for that matter. In my experience, maybe 10%.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well now I sure appreciate all the info! In looking a the links and all the info sent I still notice something about my gun. It lacks the disk on the right of the stock. I will get pics posted sometime this week, and will also post the serial number for reference purposes.

BTW - has anyone see the guns at AIM? I know it sure shows my age, but I remember when those things were $40 new and in the grease!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
What you have identified sounds like a Finn M39 Mosin-Nagant rifle, not a Nagant (which is a little revolver). However, without pictures, it'll be tough to identify for sure. Take a look at this site for more information, and look under the "Finnish" sections.

WOW!! So if the the 1940 dated M39s are so common why offer him a a 1.5x price premium? Guess I've got to check out the linked site so I can know what to pay. THANKS, keep the info coming!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts