From top to bottom
1942 Savage No.4Mk1* T with repro mount and Weaver 2.5 scope
1950 Long Branch No.4Mk1* with PH5C from Brian Dick
1943 Savage No.4Mk1*
1943 Savage No.4Mk1*
1941 Lithgow FTR No.1MkIII*
1945 BSA No.5Mk1
1945 BSA No.5Mk1

Not shown in photo, my origional 1931 Trials rubber band rifle! A one of a kind!

Regards, Diego

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Yes, they're very social. Grin.

Thanks for the kind words on the blonde Long Branch. I really dig that one, too. I acquired it from a Doctor on another board who was upgrading. Hate to see what he upgraded to...might turn me permanently green with envy. I like it very much as it has the cool grooved handguard, matching numbers and a perfecto bore. When I first got it and posted about it here there was some discussion about what kind of wood it had. Someone said it might be Canadian maple. I dunno, but she sure is purty.

Now I'm on the prowl for an earlier Lithgow, something 1940 or earlier in fact, that could've been used by the Aussies at Tobruk in '41 when Tobruk was first besieged by Rommel. I'm reading a book about the desert war and the German Afrika Korps vet who wrote it makes several references to the sharpshooting Australians and their deadly rifles. Always something new to look out for...

#8 ·
As Borat would say "Very Niiiice"!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.