Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
678 Posts
You are one very lucky person especially if you have any of the large IJA optics such as the Type 93 Battery Commanders Telescope or the Type 98 Light (Weight) Theodolite. If you do have, then you have just found the Optical Illumination Torch that fits into a small socket next to the reticule. It is used to provide a light source to illuminate the grid pattern during low light or night use.

Here is the link to my one:

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?203804-Japanese-Army-Pinhole-Torch

I have attached a photo of my Optical Illumination Device hooked up to my Type 93 Battery Commanders Scope.

It always pays to grab those odd ball items when one see them as even though no one knows what they are at the time they more than often turn out to be little treasures.

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are one very lucky person especially if you have any of the large IJA optics such as the Type 93 Battery Commanders Telescope or the Type 98 Light (Weight) Theodolite. If you do have, then you have just found the Optical Illumination Torch that fits into a small socket next to the reticule. It is used to provide a light source to illuminate the grid pattern during low light or night use.

Here is the link to my one:

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?203804-Japanese-Army-Pinhole-Torch

I might post a photo of mine latter hooked up to my Type 93 Battery Commanders Scope.

It always pays to grab those odd ball items when one see them as even though no one knows what they are at the time they more than often turn out to be little treasures.

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE
So I take it this is something that is hard to find then? The case is empty, and I don't have any IJA optic stuff, but if its a steal of a deal for 75.00 I might just buy it and hold on to it for a while.

·
Silver Bullet Member
678 Posts
The case is empty
The case is empty because it held the battery. Check to see if all the cord is there complete with the illumination head.

Yes they are hard to find and overlooked because few know what they are for.

Go for it at that price. Wouldn't mind it myself as I only have one of them but now have two large optics that this is an accessory for.

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.