Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled this out of Kevin Carney's collection. Thought you folks could help me ID these.

The white box is 6.5, and I think it's chinese made? Had a price of $25 on it!:laugh:

Ammunition Bullet Metal Chocolate Brass

Next is a mystery to me. It is sealed, so I do not know what is inside, or the condition of it, label is very faded, hopefully you guys can make something out...

Hand
Paper Art
Rectangle

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,646 Posts
The open box is Post WWII (1951) Chinese manufactured ammo.
This ammo should have a green case mouth seal (Ball ammo).
Large amounts were imported in the late 1980's & early 1990's from China, along with fairly large numbers of T38 rifles.
Was very common in the early to mid 1990's, now is uncommon, but not at all rare.

Can not help you with the sealed box, as I can not read Japanese or Chinese.

Gregg

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The open box is Post WWII (1951) Chinese manufactured ammo.
This ammo should have a green case mouth seal (Ball ammo).
Large amounts were imported in the late 1980's & early 1990's from China, along with fairly large numbers of T38 rifles.
Was very common in the early to mid 1990's, now is uncommon, but not at all rare.

Can not help you with the sealed box, as I can not read Japanese or Chinese.

Gregg
I am familiar with the chinese 6.5 Ball. As Kevin had a large quantity of this ammo loose packed and on clips that we have been selling at shows.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Cannot read the second box but the shape is a very good match for Russian 7.62X54R boxes. Some measurements might help determine an ID if no one is able to read it. Years ago when the Chinese imports were everywhere I had some Chinese 7.62X54R in packages that were in stripper clips that looked like this. They came out of a sealed can I opened but had no labels on the individual boxes. Maybe yours is an earlier lot?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I believe the second box is Type 38 machinegun ammunition from the top row of writing. I also think the bottom row is a partial date "May 13".

Hope that someone with better translation skills than mine will jump in.

Rod

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Frank Allen says he has both of these types of ammo, and is going to e-mail me translations for them will let you know what he says.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.