Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up two of these at a yard sale in Santa Fe, NM a few years ago. I have been unable to get anyone to translate the writing or give me a clue as to what the are.

The guy selling them said he found them in the garage when he bought the house and the property was on a WWII POW site.

They are silk tubes, approximately 7/5 inches long and 1.5 inches in diameter. View attachment 1971753

Any help is much appreciated. I hope to know whether to display them with my Arisaka stuff, or throw them away.

RBH

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Those are GUN POWDER bags for cannon casings, 1.5 inch is probably 25mm AA.

The bag is dated toward the top .

By all means do not throw them out, they are very collectable to guys who collect WWII Japanese artillery shells ( inert ordnance ).

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Hi, RBHouston,

Quick question, you say you have a school Arisaka to trade..."For a shootable one"? What makes you think a "school Arisaka" isn't shootable? Unless it's a "Trainer" it should be perfectly shootable. Post some pics here and let Da' Board check it out...I have several and they're perfectly shootable. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.