Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Built by the Sperry Company, if I'm not mistaken.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Spitfire cockpit.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Oneshooter, my father was a Marine Corps Aviator from '52 to '71. I was raised at MCAS El Toro, Tustin and Iwakuni. He thought I was going to be a Cobra Pilot. When I went armor you would have thought that I told him that I was a heroin-dealing, homosexual campaign worker for Hillary Clinton. He calmed down after a few years. lol.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
The A-5, if I'm not mistaken, also had an interesting way of dropping its nuclear ordnance. It spit them out of a pod between the engines.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Romanian IAR 80?

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Looks like you can see some of the designs that later went into the Vulcan in the AW 52.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Merry Christmas Oneshooter. Now post some tank or APC photos, so I have a chance.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Oneshooter, I'm still here. I just got back and have been a little occupied with: Planning a wedding; buying a house; packing up my stuff from storage, etc. I will have to say that the tractor does throw me though.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
M551 Sheridan. The picture looks like their last deployment during DS/DS in 90-91. This was a scary vehicle for armor guys: bad missile/gun system, aluminum armor and a host of other bad products. Thank goodness by 1990 the only people using it were the 82nd.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
VCI with a 20mm Hispano Suiza. An attempt by the French to build a cheap Marder.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Looks like the radial engine for a C-47. Very successful, per the thousands built.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
13th Bomb Squadron, from 1949-1968. Descendant of the 13th Fighter Squadron of WW1. Flew B-26s during the Korean War.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
I knew it was a military unit, and most units with heavily decorated patches are USAF or USN. It didn't look like any Navy Squadron I'd seen, so armed with that I Yahoo'd the entire writing on the patch. I looked at the first couple of entries and then found a hit. You'd be surprised how many Korea and Vietnam Squadrons have websites. No magic in finding it, but it was a good search. Can't wait for your next challenge.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
B-25.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
F7F Tigercat.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Oneshooter, not trying to steal your thunder, but here's a cockpit for you. BTW, I haven't posted much here, because your questions have been too hard.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
You're warm.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Weekend of 8-9 Jan 2005. USS San Francisco hit an underwater mound 350 miles from Guam, during high speed ops. One killed.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Russian Mine Dog, WW2. Trained to crawl under panzers with a tilt rod detonator on the pack on its back. Sometimes had problems though differentiating between Russian and German tanks. Tankers had a tendancy to shoot any dog that came near their vehicle. In the Marine Corps we had the same problem with artillerymen (just kidding).

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
How do you turn from a bunny into a shark? lol. Ya got to give me credit on that one Clyde.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.