Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2,870 Posts
This is a reciever that has been turned into a spurious "Sniper". The screw holes do not match ANY known sniper patern of mounting. The Eagles and Swastikas are fake. When you see enough you can spot them 20 feet away) If you look close you can see bits of the original serial number showing under the new serial numbers. Most likely somebody salvaged the rest of the parts off from a faked sniper, and then cast off this bogus messed up reciever. As for noting sources behind this opinion, you can do the research yourself spending a few hours on the 98k board. Or take our word for it.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
DUDES! The receiver it later than WW II, The serial # is not correct, nor is it a correct location for a code, the Waffens I believe are aftermarket, but would need an up close and personal for sure and the Colt Royal blue is not entirely correct for that time frame and if I not be mistaken its a P.H. aftermarket receiver. I have built many hundreds of fat barrel rig's on mauser receivers of all types, I'd love to have that one, but the hole in the bottom of the receiver isn't something of interest for bat barrel rigs, Sorry! SDH

·
Registered
303 Posts
The groove in the top of the receiver, placement of the two screw holes in the receiver rail, modification to the magazine well, threaded hole on the bottom of the receiver behind and to the right of the forward action screw as well as the two threaded holes on the left side of the receiver below the bolt stop assembly and above the trigger assembly are all consistent with the GEHA shotgun conversion.
here's better photos's of a gunbroker auction which is over

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=164370611

·
Copper Bullet member
1,907 Posts
Interested in why the one liner. can you elaborate or cite references that would clarify your position. Would like to get some relevant and informed opinions.
Sorry i haven't responded sooner as I'm at home recovering from open heart surgery and have had a few bad days. Others have answered your questions and I hope I did not offend you with my comment.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts