Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is going on here lately? Why does everything keep changing? It seems like once a month or week all the threads dissapear on me. What is up with that?

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
51,047 Posts
I guess they decided to use a different software package then originally thought, this required a new reboot...

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,372 Posts
What is going on here lately? Why does everything keep changing? It seems like once a month or week all the threads dissapear on me. What is up with that?
We control the vertical
We control the horizontal
You are entering a world where we have total control of what you see and hear
You are entering the....,,,,,

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,798 Posts

They do not want everyone to get into a rut.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
If you had or will read the information posts this was all explained ahead of time.

We have yet another new server and software.

Because the old data was corrupt and causing many of the problems, if was not brought over.

This iteration is working very well, a few things remain to be installed. We are not supposed to be here yet, read the announcements on this board.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Shame that all the old stuff was lost, but this seems MUCH faster.

Reactions: needmore

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,049 Posts
Well, we'll have to make some NEW, old stuff....

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,798 Posts
You are half way to getting two more posts.

·
Super Moderator
4,185 Posts
Great forums...

Oh yes, change is difficult, but the result looks great so far. (except I'm now a junior member, supposed to be younger than 13 years old...)

If I've understood correctly the old posts will be opened for a 20 day period to allow us to save all the posts we want to transfer from the old boards.

Tuco and Vic, I'm sad that you had to make another move, but this new forum looks great.

Now all I need to do is become an old fart again and find a way to upload my very own avatar...

·
Registered
101 Posts
The new boards seem to be working out nicely. I do, however, have a question that maybe someone can answer?

How do you upload a custom avatar? I checked the edit avatar option and it doesn't seem to be available. Anyone know??

Chuck

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,049 Posts
Heck, if I can do it, anybody can....I downloaded my avatar from a free site, to my hard drive, then browsed at the edit avatar section on the board, found my avatar that I had downloaded, selected it, saved it and submited it....voila....new avatar...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Heck, if I can do it, anybody can....I downloaded my avatar from a free site, to my hard drive, then browsed at the edit avatar section on the board, found my avatar that I had downloaded, selected it, saved it and submited it....voila....new avatar...
Either I'm doing something wrong, or you have a different option available to you in your "edit avatar" option in your user cp. I search though the "edit avatar" option and there is NO option for me to download one from my computer or a different computer. I can only choose an avatar from those offered. The only option I have to upload an image is "if" i wanted to upload a photograph of myself, in a different section.

Chuck

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
2,324 Posts
I really like this 2nd change. It's the same boards set up used on calguns.net. Easy to use, easy to read, and fast fast fast.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Everything seems to be working Great now!! :D

I was able to chane my Avatar this time because the "missing" elements were now present in my User CP. :)

Thank You to Vic & Tuco for all your efforts! This is really a VERY good improvement.

Chuck

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah....I did finally see the msg about the new server. I just hate that everytime I get some post built up they get deleted and I start over with 0 post.

I am fairly new here and so far I have found lots of great things on the site but about the time I get used to the site it all erases and changes. Makes it a little hard but still a great site.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Yeah....I did finally see the msg about the new server. I just hate that everytime I get some post built up they get deleted and I start over with 0 post.

I am fairly new here and so far I have found lots of great things on the site but about the time I get used to the site it all erases and changes. Makes it a little hard but still a great site.

I don't think it will change for a while. Before this last change the old boards before it had been up for years and the boards before that had been up for years. Think of it as buying a new car and then finding out it was a lemon, are you going to keep it or trade it in for something better. This is the software they wanted in the first place but they went with another package and it did not work out so they worker their butts off to take care of us and get these new boards that are better.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts