Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a k11 carbine, I have noticed it is all matching serial number except for rear sight

I've checked with my friend's rifles, it seems all rifles and carbine before k31 have their rear sights marked different serial number, otherwise all matching. K31's rear sight is unmarked

I heard someone say the 3 digits number on the rear sight is actually a "production number" and NOT supposed to be the same as the rest of the rifle. Other people say the rear sight is supposed to match to the gun and showed me pictures with matching rear sight

I am just wondering, what and where are the production numbers on a swiss rifle, and is the rear sight supposed to match to the gun's serial number? if yes, why there are so many examples with mismatched rear sights

Thanks everyone

·
Silver Bullet member
5,504 Posts
Keep at it and some day, somewhere, I'm sure, you'll find a backsight that matches the gun it is on. Meanwhile, it's more fun to shoot than to analyse so deeply.

·
Silver Bullet member
5,504 Posts
The rearsights do almost never not match on K11! The numbers on the sight are factory numbers!
Uh, my comment above was in the nature of a light-hearted joke, a jest, a jape, a merry quip, a jeu de mot, if you will. I now know why the world is so short of Swiss comedians.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Uh, my comment above was in the nature of a light-hearted joke, a jest, a jape, a merry quip, a jeu de mot, if you will. I now know why the world is so short of Swiss comedians.
Or German ones for that matter.... Must be the cultural thing.

·
Gold Bullet member
8,423 Posts
Humor is a national peculiarity. There are rumors of the existence of German humor.
Example: Ein Deutscher sagt, die Lage ist ernst, aber nicht hoffnungsloss.
Der Oesterreicher sagt: die Lage ist hoffnungsloss, aber nicht ernst.

Translation; A German says: "the situation is serious, but not hopeless.
An Austrian says: the situation is hopeless, but not serious."

Germans find this to be hilarious. I once told it to a group of German Luftwaffe officers at a NATO HQ and they were rolling on the floor.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I hang out in Germany for a while and I must say that their sense of humor was somewhat different from the rest of Europe. I remember that young people just plain refused to talk about WW2 and if the name of certain Austrian fellow was mentioned, they would just clam up completely. Not so much with the older folks though. But other than that great bunch, hitchhiking across Europe surely was a lot of fun.

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
From a German friend - 1st person 'my dog has no nose' - 2nd 'person how does he smell' - reply - 'Terrible'.
But I feel it was pinched from Britain. Most Germans I have known do have a good sense of humour and most places have differing qualities.

·
Gold Bullet member
8,423 Posts
Well, go on with your humor and I will stay quiet.....

BTW: I'm not German!
Evidently Swiss humor exists, or at least historically. According to The Swiss and The Nazis by Stephen Halbrook (good book and well worth reading) Swiss cabarets and publications made Nazis the butt of jokes to the extent that the German ambassador and Reichs Chancellory protested to Bern on numerous occasions.

·
Silver Bullet member
5,504 Posts
From a German friend - 1st person 'my dog has no nose' - 2nd 'person how does he smell' - reply - 'Terrible'.
But I feel it was pinched from Britain. Most Germans I have known do have a good sense of humour and most places have differing qualities.
This is a well-known and oft-resurrected music hall joke from the late 1800's here in UK.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Not to side track this thread back to the OP's question but, if it's true that the K11 rear sight number is not supposed to match, thanks a lot because I thought that my K11 was all matching except for the rear sight. Now I can feel better about having an authentic all-matching K11!

Yahoo!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Not to side track this thread back to the OP's question but, if it's true that the K11 rear sight number is not supposed to match, thanks a lot because I thought that my K11 was all matching except for the rear sight. Now I can feel better about having an authentic all-matching K11!

Yahoo!
Refer to the post #2. The Guy in metal hat speaks the truth.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts