Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed a couple of post recently regarding a Paatz DSM34 on Auction Arms. Mauser99 made reference to rifle not being a "super Paatz". What is the difference? Are they configured differently, or does the condition, accessories or what ever determine whether it is a "super paatz"?
Thanks, jw

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
The super Paatz was the paatz dsm-34 auction record breaker that sold a few years ago..I think it sold for around 4500.00 The auction can still be found if you search it out. Who's to say if it was worth the dough but, It was the perfect storm so to speak. Two guys with deep pockets wanted the same rifle. And the rifle was rare and double marked and minty..So of course everyone
who owns one or wants to sell theirs thinks it's worth as much as the "super Paatz" !!!! Not so.. The high bidder has his, and the other bidder has passed away.. So the chances of another perfect storm are slim to none..Plus, the down turn is slowing prices as well.......M99

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Wow, the markings on that stock are "lights out"! Still kinda of high for a .22 trainer,even if only the third one known.
Well, like I said...'the perfect storm" you cant see the bidders or the bidding any more but, let's say the winner's initials are B.S. He and another fellow now dead, had a battle over that one..There are more than 3 reported now and I'm sure many more to be found. Some of the others Brad has shown us are rarer than the Paatz from what I can tell..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts