Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Over the holster? You want something like a Blackhawk riggers belt? Or are you talking a military equipment type belt?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Blackhawk Riggers belt is a good belt for a handgun, especially if you want it for threading through belt loops. If you want a pistol belt which is not through belt loops you might look at Uncle Mikes Duty belts.

·
Administrator
18,333 Posts
A belt that will support a pistol without sagging or bending is called for, and since you want a web belt and not leather there are several companies that make a similar product. If you Google tactical belt or riggers belt you will find them. Blackhawk and 5.11 are well known and have a good reputation. Concealed carry is new in Illinois so you may not want to spend too much initially, as you may need to try several carry modes before you find what is most comfortable for you and works with your clothes. I discovered early on that I had to cinch up my belt much tighter than I was comfortable with to keep my holster in place and keep my pants up with the added weight of my pistol. My solution was to start using suspenders to keep my pants up, and the belt then only serves to keep the holster in place so it didn't have to be so tight.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
100,590 Posts
A belt that will support a pistol without sagging or bending is called for, and since you want a web belt and not leather there are several companies that make a similar product. If you Google tactical belt or riggers belt you will find them. Blackhawk and 5.11 are well known and have a good reputation. Concealed carry is new in Illinois so you may not want to spend too much initially, as you may need to try several carry modes before you find what is most comfortable for you and works with your clothes. I discovered early on that I had to cinch up my belt much tighter than I was comfortable with to keep my holster in place and keep my pants up with the added weight of my pistol. My solution was to start using suspenders to keep my pants up, and the belt then only serves to keep the holster in place so it didn't have to be so tight.
Suspenders (or galluses or braces to use older terms) are very helpful. i lost a bit of weight (and need to lose more) and found I could wear my pants without cinching belt up too tight for either comfort or appearance (waistband bunched up if i got the belt tight enough to keep pants up). Your solution is a good one, Alan. Bonus is weight of gun doesn't pull things down.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
It is a good idea, but I have seen too man movies. Every time I see someone with both suspenders and belt I think of Frank in Once Upon a time in the West.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Once_Upon_a_Time_in_the_West

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.