Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,
I am new to this board but have been around Mosins for some time. I am trying (like many) to add quality examples to my collection using my C&R license to carefully stay in compliance with ATF regs. I have a hobby of seeking out old beat up MN junkers and rebuilding them into safe shooters. Please note, I AM NOT A BUBBA and carefully try to save every aspect of the original piece as much as possible. About 6 months ago I came across 3 dozen T-53s from a dealer buddy of mine for $20 bucks each. They had really been through the mill. Many had broken stocks, most had missing hand guards, all had missing bolt heads and connectors. They were clearly the culls from a larger group he had purchased and sold a long time ago. Out of the bunch I managed to resurrect about 20 and accumulate a decent pile of spare parts. I even managed to assemble 3 or 4 that are very nice examples of these Chicom war horses. In the past, I could easily find hand guards from the usual suppliers. Now, I can't find them anywhere accept on auction sites at auction prices. I notice that 91/30 hand guards are still around, but seems like the carbine guards have dried up. Any thoughts?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts