Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I see if there was any movement on the idea of the K98 rifle/parts trader board that was talked about some time ago. Anyone have any idea's or was this just wishful thinking on my part? Someone fill me in if possible.....Ranger-1

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am not sure it is dead

I think when the board changed the K98 trader board idea was forgotten. I am still game. I several sporter restoration projectst that could use a little help. I have a couple of interesting bolts and bits and pieces that could be used for trade.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I agree, I'd like to see that happen. :D
Sarge

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
K98 trader board

I guess we need to talk to Vic on this. Since E-Bay has made their intentions known it's like the lights went out. Mabe we could use one thread and just 4 or 5 pages to start with. Whole rifles, parts, WTB ect. I'm sure this would grow into a popular board. Sunfish

·
Banned
7,240 Posts
I'm still IN!
I like the WTS forum, but my k98 tidbits seem to make it to page 2,10,20 pretty quick with all the bumps and "please delete" posts.
I think a k98 WTS forum (or a Mauser WTS only forum) would help unclog the original WTS forum, which would please two groups, US and everybody else!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think it is a great idea. It would be very helpful for those of us that like doing the R/C "period correct" restorations.

The one thing I noticed since eBay latest restrictions is that it is difficult to find good bolts and bolt parts. I've seen a small number begin to pop on Gunbroker though...

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
+1 It gets old culling through the WTS ads for K98 parts. We should know by now what our parts are worth. I can still get the odd part sold on Ebay but it would be great to be able to sell direct to the K98 fans that know what they want and need.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
K98K trader page

Just thought I'd throw the idea back up again to see if this was a complete no-go or what. Come on guys lets see if we can put one together!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I think when the board changed the K98 trader board idea was forgotten. I am still game. I several sporter restoration projectst that could use a little help. I have a couple of interesting bolts and bits and pieces that could be used for trade.
If you have any non collectible chopped wood or bolts turned for scope I'd be interested in taking them off your hands.

·
Registered
119 Posts
There already is a Trader forum. Why would you need to create another. I only want to check into one, not more than one. If you put K98 into the subject line, then those interested in those will check those posts out. No need to create a new wheel.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
k98

i would also like to see one added,i hate going through all the wts adds not knowing how many pages i will see hunting mauser parts

·
Registered
119 Posts
If anyone needs to learn how to use the search feature for a forum, just let me know. You can search for K98 in the subject line and it brings up all the posts only with that in the subject. Very easy, very simple. No need for another forum.

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
The problem is that if we started a seperate WTS forum for K98ks, there would be one for MNs, Enfields, Arisakas, etc. Anyone wanting to "shop" WTS ads is going to have to surf various ads for each section. The search feature in the regular "WTS" section should accomplish the goal of finding "mauser" or "98k" items for sale. I like looking through various WTS ads as I would enjoy walking a gunshow (back when there really were gunshows).
Regards,
HB

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Trader board

I gotcha Ham...But I thought we (K98 guys) had a little pull over the "other guys" and thought the k98 trader board was worth trying. But all BS aside I do understand that if you do for one you gotta do for the others...don't like that but gotta go with the flow sometimes. Just my two cents. Ranger-1

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
Ranger, it's not a bad idea at all. It's just as you noted though re everyone getting one. We have plenty forums and subforums on Gunboards already. Searching the WTS and various forums here is how I got those M.39 Finns on the wall ;)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
K98 Trader

Ham, It's a good idea (k98 trader) and I know sometimes a guy is "on a mission" looking for that special part(s) and you don't have time to weed through all the other "stuff". Yes, it's fun to look through all the add's and sometimes a guy comes up with a bargin when you were not even looking for such a thing. Wishful thinking. Maybe someday. Ranger-1.

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Why cant it be a sub section to the K98 Mauser Forum?(kinda like a sticky, but for k98 parts) We are a close knit bunch of folks and just wish there was a special place just for K98ers to find what they need... I know I am in search of some parts right now, like others and it is hard and time consuming.
Mike

·
Registered
78 Posts
We have a makarov trader and a Japanese trader, a K98 trader would benefit the members, I would think.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts