Gunboards Forums banner

What friends are for. My Garand story

978 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  limpetmine 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is my story of my new addition. In my life money is always pretty tight. Being married with two kids that are in school keeps the gun funds pretty low. I talk to my good friend Contra(a.k.a. Bok) and asked him if he would be up for a trade. I had a few things that I would pass by him and took them over to him house. In turn for a couple of German waffen stamp pistols he traded me his USGI Springfield M1 Garand. His was not a Dane or Italian return-the is a Service Grade USGI Garand. Bok has shot it in the previous two Garand matches at RBGC and put up nice scores with it. I threw in some Mosin cleaning kits and a super nice czech bayonet(that Bok really like). Here is a picture

#2 ·
Sweet

Handsome rifle.
A friend of mine passed along some monetary wisdom to me some time ago as relating to gun collecting/shooting. Money is like the tide, some times it comes in, some times it goes out. But when it is out, and the rare piece you've been searching for comes up, you'd better find a way to get it, because money comes and goes, but mint Jungle Carbines and 6.08 million M-1's don't pop up at every gun show.
Nice M-1. Have a good time shooting it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.