Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know that this is single shot .22 short. I was just wondering if there was any other information on it. I saw one other one like this before, but the stock was a little different.
Also, what kind of action would you call this?
Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Made by Ortgies of Germany in the early 20's I'd guess. They were bought out by Deutches Werk (sp?) at some point but continued to make guns with the Ortgies name. Lots of 25 & 32 cal pistols, 22cal single shot rifles like you have and some shotguns. I believe the D.R.P. stamping is an abreviation for something close to Patented or Patent Applied For. The Germany marking is usually found on those guns made there between the wars that were destined for export, usually to the US. The stock stamping mark is the 'Ortgies' logo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes,they go in nice shape for about 150.00 and down. They are a tip up action and not highly collectible. However they make an interesting gun for anyone who just love's .22's.After all they are german and the carving on the side of the butt is completely original. Very cool child's rifle indeed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts