Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,400 Posts
Real Vz 24 scope

The only one I've seen belongs to a guy from Italy who used to post here.
They're very rare and hard to find...I think greggdw has a picture and may, in fact, own one....:)

·
Silver Bullet member
402 Posts
I've included pics of a real mount and a repo. The main differences are that the real ones have stamped numbers on each ring and base; the rings are also 30mm. The repos from IO have 1" rings, the nut is crowned, and they are stamped "made in India". I've heard of other repos that are better but have not seen them in person. The first two pics are of a genuine mount.

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,683 Posts
Real Matching Vz24 Sniper

I have owned this one over 15 years, long before repro/fake, etc. All numbers on rifle match, rifle number on mount and last two scope numbers on rings and rifle. Original 30mm IOR scope. I understand there are probably less then a dozen or so in the country. Was imported by the collector I bought it from. Mongo, not sure what to tell you on yours, numbering totally different on mine. Mine are very deeply struck, European style and appear to be machine struck not hand stamps. As to where to find real mounts, good luck, even some of the ones passed off as real are fake. Keep haunting the shows and ebay. As mongo says, real are 30mm (or bigger?) so that may present a problem finding a scope. I have heard of a few original IOR scopes floating around, but never seen one. Depending on you pocket book, a Repro mount and short 1" scope would at least give you the appearance of a Vz24 Sniper until you can locate the originals, then just sell off the repro parts. Expect the original IOR scope & mount to be pricey when you find them. Mongo, are you aging the "repro" mount? Or did you just leave it out in the rain? ha ha! Enjoy pictures - Skid

·
Silver Bullet member
402 Posts
Mongo, not sure what to tell you on yours, numbering totally different on mine. Mine are very deeply struck, European style and appear to be machine struck not hand stamps.
The rest of the numbers on the mount are smaller like is typically seen. I just showed those pics to show the knob better.

Mongo, are you aging the "repro" mount? Or did you just leave it out in the rain? ha ha!
That's just how it came from IO, I'll clean it up before I mount it. Too many projects...

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,400 Posts
What does a real Vz 24 scope and mount look like

I bought aVz 24 quite a while ago and mount looks like Mongos, but it came with a 30mm Helois 8 WWI scope on it. Am still looking for the proper scope...:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts