Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A dealer has a Port. mauser for $300, blue is approx 80% with more on the trigger guard than the reciever and barrel. No cleaning rod, but has muzzle cover. Stock is dark with a few dings. Numbers appear to match. ? bore. No bayonet.

My rifle is a Argentine Model 91 all numbers match crest in not ground, blue is at least 90% with few if any handling marks. While the stock is shiny, it is from the 3 coats of bowling alley wax I put on everything I own, that I am not regularly shooting. ( it cuts down on those little rusty finger prints) . Bayonet is not ground but the scabbard is not numbered and appears to have a enameled finish, serial does not match the gun. Excellent bore.

I just want something different and this is a duplicate.

EDIT; I just looked up the dealers rifle it is a 1904 Mauser- Verueiro that has been shorted and rechambered to 8mm

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'd trade it for a Finnish M39 Mosin.
Try it you'll like it!

Sgt LaBelle

"March or Die"

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
If you really want the Port. Mauser and the Argentine Model 91 is a duplicate I would check the bore condition on the Port. Mauser and if it checks out ok and you don't mind having to buy a bayonet and cleaning rod for the Port Mauser then go ahead and make the trade.

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Thats an easy decision since it's a duplicate I would make the trade. Besides those Portuguese K98K's are just plain neat! Value wise It's probably a push.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts