Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking through some old boxes I ran across several boxes of ammo. I had numerous milsurps many years ago (20+) of various caliber including a GEW98. I’m wondering if this is ammo was for it or something else. Honestly I just don’t remember and was surprised to find these boxes.

I’d appreciate any insight as to what I have here and, if you can tell from the box or stamping where it might have come from. Thank you

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
8,086 Posts
7,62x54R mm Hungarian made in 1987

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
The nny rather than PPU headstamp and the “NC-05” on the label make me “suspect” that 8mm might be noncorrosive. No guarantee as Prvi NC primers often have a flat face profile..but I would love to test that stuff.
And a French label? Made for a French speaking African nation?

French is an official language, or shares official status with other languages in Equatorial Guinea, Togo, Central African Republic, Madagascar, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Niger, Benin, Burundi, Guinea, Chad, Rwanda, Congo, Mali, the Seychelles, Djibouti, and Senegal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.