Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
464 Posts
Picked up an all original, all matching (down to the screws) 1940 made K98 with a correctly numbered laminated stock. Production code is 237 (a Berlin contractor) of which I've been told approx 80,000 were made. Bore is conservatively at 50% (though probably a little better). Thought that A$300 was worth the impluse purchase.

· Registered
239 Posts
Mukiwa

Got a book titled "Mukiwa" which meand White Boy in Africa, by Peter Godwin. Should be a good read, about a white rhodesian's youth while growing up in Rhodesia. I think it may jog some memories about my younger days in Kenya.

· Registered
579 Posts
Santa

Santa didn't bring it, but I got the opportunity to go to a gun auction in Newark (that's the proper one, in Nottinghamshire). I picked up an apparently ratty Ugartechea 12 bore side by side shotgun for the princely sum of £5 which has cleaned up to reveal a gun you'd gladly pay £130-£150 for in a gun shop, and a PH Safari in .243. I also got a big box of brand new No4 butts.
Once I get a pooter up and running at home the No4 butts will be on e-bay to partially off set the cost.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.