Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me i got a no 4 t all matching numbers with a transit case

worn out lee metford with parts missing

k98 been modified to use 7.62 mm worn out barrel

p14 winchester barrel and action only

and finally a no 4 t action and barrell

and the missus even let me have them as long i show the kids how to use the firearms safely

all the best to everyone

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
I can’t believe no one else but plantie got anything for Christmas or that so many of you were bad boys and only got a bucket of coal for Christmas because you were bad all year. (Just like Whiterider)

Mrs. Santa Clause brought me a Savage/Stevens 200 bolt action rifle that you can adjust the head space with the barrel nut and wrench. (I think Whiterider gave Mrs. Clause the idea)

It also has a removable floating bolt head that allows the bolt head to always make even contact on both locking lugs and the receiver lug recesses.

And best of all you can dissemble the entire bolt with an allen wrench and take it apart.

Its my understanding that Whiterider got a very special gift from Santa. ;) :D

·
Banned
903 Posts
Hi Ed.....

and glad you had a good Christmas..... even though YOUR people dont celebrate that.... :)

"I think Whiterider gave Mrs. Clause the idea"

Mmmm how about a pic of the lovely Mrs Clause??? cmon....pretty pleez....

and yeah, cute trainer...... of course REAL men learned on tail draggers...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not an Enfield christmas for me but

I got me an M14 clone, but it looks to be pretty damned good, we got a lot of good things to say about them here in the great white north. Only problem is that it is raining and I can't go out and play with it...

Hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
'44 Lithgow III* JJ Co NY NY

It's never been fired and looks to stay that way. No recoil plates.

Needs a real Lithgow safety spring, the one on it doesn't have the detents to index on the washer. I'm sure the kids bought it because it looks so new and they were so proud of the find.

The boss also came accross with a surprise but it's not an Enfield or even a rifle.

...MJ...

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Bindi I like the stock bolt.

Does it balance well?

·
Banned
10,256 Posts
Absolutely un-messed with, never rebuilt, never altered 100% matching 1940 Lithgow SMLE III, with proper MA 40 cutoff plate still extant, maple stocked and with a really great bore, and its PROBABLY original oil bottle still in the butt. $140 Aus :) (I had to buy that one myself, as my wife bought me a Finnish reissue M91/30)

I also bought a possibly Vichy assembled MAS 36, but no one here wants to hear about that one. That was $60, as the seller said the bore was crap (it's not:) )

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Absolutely un-messed with, never rebuilt, never altered 100% matching 1940 Lithgow SMLE III, with proper MA 40 cutoff plate still extant, maple stocked and with a really great bore, and its PROBABLY original oil bottle still in the butt. $140 Aus :) (I had to buy that one myself, as my wife bought me a Finnish reissue M91/30)

I also bought a possibly Vichy assembled MAS 36, but no one here wants to hear about that one. That was $60, as the seller said the bore was crap (it's not:) )
Vulch you can remove the eye patch now. $140 for a III speechless.

·
Registered
395 Posts
got friggin jack!

Yea got nuthin!, santa refused to bring guns or gun related items.

The next time the fat bastard rides past my place I'm gona stick a Lithgow patt07 through rudolph and have venison for dinner........

·
Registered
50 Posts
As far as guns are related, I received 1000 rounds of 7.52x54r, and a RI .45 pistol with holster and 100 rounds of FMJ and 20 rounds of Wolf hollow points, both in .45

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Hindged upper band? Whats with that? My new rifle has it, I have never had a #4 or other rifle with it.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
There aren't any loose Enfields around here at the moment, so I went with 21st Century equipment.
S&W MP15 in 5.45-----
Just over $900, because of the wonky Russian caliber.....and I traded into it as well---so no sales tax.
Going out today to get her right.
-----krinko

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
No guns or shooting related items, BUT I got myself a Canon EOS D40. Got tired of the camera deciding on what it wanted to focus on, NOT on what I wanted to focus on. The Canon is a true digital SLR and will MANUALLY focus where I want it too:).
Probably could have picked up 5 to 6 Enfields for what it cost me, but I'm happy anyway.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.