Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
9,813 Posts
No stock, no cleaning rod.........must have gotten someone's hand-me-down AK.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Not to steal this thread, but ...

After studying vids from Syria, Iraq, & Afghanistan, I'd say that should fate have placed me as a cog in the Saudi military wheel, my recommendation to superiors would be: Contract with Beijing to buy every last damned SKS (Type 56 Carbine) they can dig up. These can subsequently be handed out like candy to Sunni paramilitaries. Kalashnikovs in the "inventory" should be doled out with discretion to fighters with proven track records.

The style of fighting the vids I viewed convince one that select-fire battle rifles are not being used to their potential rather they are wasted on undisciplined, untrained tyros.

Don't forget - the paramilitaries are comprised of a bunch of dumb fucks who are out to get themselves killed. An SKS is the perfect arm for them.

Post-Ramadan this year the Sunnis will have a voracious appetite for small arms. Give them the best. Give them the SKS.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Interesting pic. There are late North Korean, Iranian mags, and possibly Albanian mags that it could be as well. Definitely NOT Yugo!

Strangely it looks somewhat like an "All-Stamped" Chinese mag. Hard to tell with it inserted.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Definitely Chinese "all-stamped". Look closely at the sideplate area that extends just below the receiver and compare with a standard magazine.
I have decided its unlikely an "All Stamped" after blowing up the picture. The horizontal ribs come too close to the top stamping. Looks more like a scratch in the metal just above the ribs. Also a blown up image seems to show the re-inforcement pates that are normally welded at the top.

Shame - I only have something like two pictures of "All-stamps" being used. Very hard to detect them when inserted in a rifle.

·
Silver Bullet Member
8,186 Posts
In an all stamp the stamping that replaces the side plate seen on a conventional mag extends further down the mag body by a couple .100"s. The one in the pic appears to be parallel to the front latch metal band/plate., from what I can see.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Well, upon further consideration, I retract my assertion that it is all-stamped. Not because of the sideplate, which to me, looks just like an all-stamped does in one of my AKs, but because of the rear lug. A machined rear lug extends about .25" further down the body than does a stamped lug.
The rear lug in the photo appears to be machined, due to its length. Hard to see without actually inserting each type into an AK and comparing with the photo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.