Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a nickel plated 1898 Quillback that was manufactured by WK&C. It has no other markings on it at all nor does it fit a 98K the slot is to small. I have had this for 30 years and still know nothing about it other then what it is. Any help would be welcomed.

Thank you Kevin.

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,996 Posts
Being nickel plated, and not military marked, it is a "Walking Out" or Parade sidearm. Since it doesn'y fit a rifle, I assume it was a factory second. Therefore plated, and put up for private purchase. The only other country to officially adopt these was Peru. As far as I know. They were used, and issued many other places. Awsome sawback, with ersatz scabbard!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Peru ordered this bayonet as a Model 1909! The rifle as well. Usually in good shape. Never saw WW1! They have 5 digit serial numbers on crossgaurd the usually match the one on the frog stud. The pommel flat has a Peruvian coat of arms. 2nd is Turkey's model of 1903! It is the same Sg98 blade but a bit thicker by ricasso. It has a large Turkish M90 type quillion & crossgaurd. Lastly I have a Czech used one, new slotted press stud added, with Czech issue numbers on pommel. All are in the Sg98 scabbards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.