Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Banned
10,365 Posts
There are some street corners in Atlanta where you can get something functioning, complete, and ugly for $60! :eek:
But we're not talking about wimmen! :eek:

· Registered
36 Posts
I recently got a finn M91-30 for $59 while picking up two M39's at a gun shop a few hours away. It is 41 and D marked, but no box SA marking.

The bore was quite dirty and couldn't tell if it would clean up at all. I have done some cleaning and I can tell there are lands and grooves now (it looked almost like a smooth bore with the fouling in it!)

I haven't had it out to shoot and clean warm, so don't know how good it will get yet.

· Gold Bullet member
1,540 Posts
You can find the occasional 91/30 for under $60 or even an M44. I bought a 1940 Tula off gunbroker a while ago that was $50 shipped! Its not the purtiest thing around and is not matching at all, but she has a bright bore, and best of all,...its a mosin!!

T

· Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I now have $75!

Is there any condition M38 Carcano or M39 I could get for this much? How about one of AIM's M38's. Of course I can pay for the shipping to. (The $75 is how much I have for the actual rifle or carbine.):):confused:;):cool:

· Banned
10,365 Posts
Yep, the M44 style IS correct for an M38. Guess we should call it an M44/38 stock... nah, too many numbers!;)
The other carbine stocks is M38 only.
Neither is more or less correct.

· Premium Member
14,333 Posts
I mean do they have the indention for the M44's bayonet?

Yes. They are essentially the same stock, less cutout for bayonet. After the adoption of the M44, it was just easier and made more sense to produce one stock that fit two rifles, versus make two types of stocks.

· Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Yes. They are essentially the same stock, less cutout for bayonet. After the adoption of the M44, it was just easier and made more sense to produce one stock that fit two rifles, versus make two types of stocks.
I knew all of that I meant is there a chance that they could send me an orginal (early) stock without the indention for the M44 bayonet?

· Registered
1,587 Posts
From what I have seen, Carcanos and M39's have starting prices close to $275, and go up from there. And that is not just the SA stamped Carcanos, either.
Unless someone finds and imports a new stash of Carcanos. the days of these going cheap are over. Sort of like wondering about a $55 Trapdoor Springfield or $150 03a3 Springfield.

· Premium Member
14,333 Posts
Isn't that what he's done, for the most part....

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.