Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts I am looking for a project. It needs to be functioning and complete but it can be really ugly. :D

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
66,280 Posts
60 empty shell casings :)

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Wasn't some place, Omega, selling type 53s well under $50?

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
2,323 Posts
I bought a 91/30 for $28 one time. It was a beat up '43 Izhevesk but for that price no way I could turn it down.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wasn't some place, Omega, selling type 53s well under $50?
You mean like this one?:D

Don sent me a rather nice one compared to the others. :cool: I have done everything that I can do to improve its look.:eek: But I am ok with the way she has turned out, for $35 you can't go wrong:).

·
Silver Bullet member
1,134 Posts
+1

Mine had a broken firing pin, was missing the butt plate and screws, and the wrist is cracked straight thru top to bottom. Don sent a replacement firing pin and butt plate, but the butt plate is way oversized for my stock...which is probably not salvagable. It's luck of the draw, but it will be a project! I'll either have to buy a 2nd one and hope the stock is better and mix and match or buy another stock elsewhere and refurb the rest. Suggestions?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Oh, for a .22 you could get a Romanian Trainer. I think a T69 or M69. I have one, and they are tack drivers out to 50yds. Plus, they look a lot like a mosin (my dad brought it home, and had the stock seperated, and I thought he got another mosin :))

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh, for a .22 you could get a Romanian Trainer. I think a T69 or M69. I have one, and they are tack drivers out to 50yds. Plus, they look a lot like a mosin (my dad brought it home, and had the stock seperated, and I thought he got another mosin :))
I guess you don't get it I wasn't even into guns when I got that Marlin.

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,979 Posts
You can get a Chinese T53 (M44) for $35 plus shipping from Omega Arms. Or at least you could when I bought from them last year.

They will be in NRA "fair" condition. Worn, not pretty, but shootable.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts