Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Fellows,

I hope you can help me out!

I picked up a nice old Remington rolling block in 7mm. Barrel is 30 inchs long-with no saddle ring!
No marking except for the Remington factory markings & 7 mm on the barrel.

I know they were sold to here in the states & various countrys, but I'm not finding any info on what bayont fits!
I now know a British Enfield WW-1 or a Springfield WW-1 bayonet will not fit.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help,
point6

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi Len,

Please let me know what the bayonet is called? What else does it fit?
Model #?
Approx cost?

Thanks,
point6
There is also a longer barreled bayonet which the French used on their WWI 8mm contract: looks the same but stretched blade. The scabbard has a leather frog riveted right to it as I recall.
I picked one up at a gun show couple years ago for $75 I think: I was happy with that, as I've seen more asked. (It wasn't mint shape by any means.) I believe the Remington #5 bayonets are interchangeable but can't swear to it.
I believe Mexico and most Latin American countries that bought the 7mm rolling blocks tended to use the short bayonet as shown.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hi Len,

Please let me know what the bayonet is called? What else does it fit?
Model #?
Approx cost?

Thanks,
point6
This is a Model 1899 bayonet, also known as a Remington No 5. Cost will depend on condition. I just did a completed auction search on ebay; a very nice one with scabbard went for about $200. Decent pieces w/ scabbard about $150. So-so pieces with no scabbard under $100 and a real rat for under $50. They're out there. My advice is to buy a nice one. There are three different variations of the short bladed bayonet. Differences are in the blade markings.

·
Copper Bullet member
9,815 Posts
Necro-thread.........Sorry!
But did the Model 1897 and Model 1902 Rolling Blocks use the same bayonet?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Guys,

WOW ! This is a old thread! --2012!
Over the years, I have found both the short & long version of the bayonet for the 1905/1910 7 mm Rolling block.
Both are marked Remington on the blades. As you would expect the prices are higher on both models now.
I seem to recall that the French made a version of the bayonet for their rifle.
The hilt & cross guard was different as I recall. Now I have to take that old rifle out to shoot again, as it still was a good shooter.

Best to all,
point6

·
Copper Bullet member
9,815 Posts
Thanks, think I got it now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.