Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Am older thread but I found it most useful. My CG63 has a front sight that takes the Lyman 20/Anshutz inserts. I bought a set that has muliple types. If it isn't okay to post this picture then please moderator remove. I am having issues getting a full circle view through the back diopter orffice. I have tried some solutions but still get a flat edge to the sight picture on one side.

Attachments

· Registered
48 Posts
What model rear diopter do you have ?
Is the aperture damaged ?
Can you redrill the hole ?
Do you have another aperture to try & see if you get the same problem ?
It is the elit diopter and I will have to measure the orfice of both the inside/front portion and the larger rear tube into which it screws. The larger (female) orfice tube which projects rearward has a left hand thread that engages the threads of the elevator(?). I have completely disaasembled and cleaned and confirmed the parts are not damaged although they are roughened a bit on the outside edges. I assume someone found it necessary to use a tool to unscrew them. When the back orfice tube is adjusted as far it will go rearward it interferes with the bolt handle. I can increase the orfice size by drilling but would prefer a less extreme solution. Did these come with different orfices or can they be retrofitted with an adjustable iris? I have fired a match .22lr that had an adjustable iris and it was fine for my eyes. If I remove the inside (male) tube The sight is more like an aperture or ghost sight than diiopter.

· Registered
48 Posts
I measured the inside apeture with a acetelyne torch tip cleaning pin and it came out to be 1.07-8mm. I removed both tubes from the sight and could see a full apeture but not when installed on the rifle. It seems to me that my head and eyes can't get properly lined up with the sight and the stock may need lowering. On the plus side a full picture apparently isn't required to maintain a consistent aimimg point. I will test that when the weather stops making like a weapon of mass destruction. Two days with 110-120 kph gusts is not condusive to any outdoor activity.

· Registered
48 Posts
I will try a few tests with different home made substitutes before getting a larger aperature. I also am going to dull the inside of the tubes to see if this helps. It may be refelcted light? Lastly I will try a few friends sights to see what difference, if any I can find that might explain the problem My wife says I am just geting old, blind and deaf. There are advantages to her believing that :).

Yes I think the general climate is changing and we can expect a rougher weather ride in the future. Twice this year we have had 20C changes in temperature within the same day. Last summer was the hottest on record. The wildest swings seem to be hitting the Atlantic coast. Ocean temperature and current changes have been noted but no one really knows if this is normal variation or a sign of long term changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.