Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought about buying one of these pistols the other day until I saw the price on the ammo. A friend said that he thought that some U.S. caliber ammo could be used safely. Comments??

·
Registered
12 Posts
The pistol will shoot 32H&R Mags, and 32S&W Longs just fine. Just if you shoot the lead bullets the barrel and chamber will lead up so be sure to clean! Also the cases will buldge a little but no biggie.

HotShot makes the correct 7.62 ammo and it runs $25 for a box of 50.

·
Gold Bullet member
11,545 Posts
I picked up a box of the Russian target ammo dated in the early 70's recently. Is this good ammo? Is it jacketed at all? Looks like a lead wadcutter bullet from what I can see.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I picked up a box of the Russian target ammo dated in the early 70's recently. Is this good ammo? Is it jacketed at all? Looks like a lead wadcutter bullet from what I can see.
It's good for target shooting. That's pretty much it. It has a lead bullet, no jacket and a weakened power charge.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I think the best deal is to get a .32 acp cylinder . All but one I have seem to do much better with this than any of the other options . I have tried various reloads with 32-20 cases,& also reloading some of the other nagant ammo on the market . The ammo on the market that can be reloaded is TOO expensive !! Also the brass has a high failure rate
even after being fired only once.

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,191 Posts
I have reloaded Starline Nagant brass with great success. I just would like more of it. Hopefully they will restart the line, soon. I have reloaded Fiocchi brass, but it is a pain. (You will need a specific shellholder from RCBS). I have fired the Russian yellow box stuff, and it is ok. I have not used anything but Nagant ammo in mine, and can not comment on the use of other rounds.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,341 Posts
Lots of people have problems with the 32ACP conversions. I use 32 S&W Long with no problems at all - the cheap Aguila brand works just fine in all my Nagants.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you reload, the 32/20s work good for me when reloaded. Lee dies and Starline 32/20 brass. Any 90-100gr bullet, lead or jacketed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I shoot the .32 SW longs out of my Nagant all the time and it's more accurate with that the actual 7.62. Haven't had any lead buildup yet though.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I tried the Hot Shot 7.62 Nagant it shot good but, $25 for fifty rounds is too much!
Also tried Prvi Partizan .32 S&W longs,very accurate but leaded the end of the barrel.
I'm going to get the .30 carbine dies and 32-20 brass with Hornady .308 hp XTP's and reload.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I roll my own from cut down 223 brass. No special shell holders or dies needed. See my post in the reloaders forum for more details.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts