Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a Load of Baloney!

Topic:

Topic author: arisakadogs
Subject: What a Load of Baloney!
Posted on: 03/05/2006 12:39:08 PM
Was browsing the auction sites & boy did I find a B.S. merchant! He has this 23rd series Kokura '99 that he claims is unfired & is a magnificant rare example with it's mum & matching dust cover. Well the rifle has no original finish & loads of pitting, especially around the mum & the stock looks re-finished to me. The ding dong removed the rubberized sling, saying it was too brittle to leave on. Oh yeah, the seller says it's a 17th series Tokyo. The pod is all bent up. Yeah, an unissued piece for sure! Was good for a laugh!
See lope for some humor!​

Replies:

Reply author: Navybuff
Replied on: 03/05/2006 12:47:15 PM
I saw that last night and laughed. I thought "Lope" had gone away. He was one of those we bithced about a few years back for relisting and relisting overprised crap. Him and a seller named "sig"? orsomething like that seemed to have half of the active auctions going back then. They are the reason I dropped the AA alert of new listings, same stuff every week.

Reply author: Ronin48
Replied on: 03/05/2006 12:53:05 PM
Sounds like one out of Riceone's collection, but in better shape. (Odie, Garfield, picking on someone else for a change.)

Reply author: arisakadogs
Replied on: 03/05/2006 12:56:08 PM
I still think sig-380 takes the cake as the biggest BS merchant I've seen yet. The only good thing I ever saw him offer was an oilskin holster for the T-10 Flare Pistol. That one did tempt me!

Reply author: davef
Replied on: 03/05/2006 2:22:42 PM
Speaking of auctions..someone should quit selling perfect, mint, examples of items I really need for my collection, when Im broke
..thats just too cruel

Replied on: 03/05/2006 3:46:44 PM

Reply author: JWMWITZ
Replied on: 03/05/2006 5:56:43 PM
The stock on that rifle has been refinished. I think the bent up monopod is pretty cool though. I recall that the pods were actually meant to be bent to conform to the shooter's prone position. Wasn't that in "the manual" Rob has?

Speaking of "the manual", any news on having it copied and interpreted
?

John in Charlotte, NC

Replied on: 03/05/2006 6:00:17 PM

quote: Originally posted by JWMWITZ

Speaking of "the manual", any news on having it copied and interpreted
?

John in Charlotte, NC

Edokko??

Reply author: Edokko
Replied on: 03/05/2006 6:42:50 PM
Ya know, translating a whole manual is the most boring thing you can do, especially after picking out all the interesting finds (A-dogs you have all that now) and all the rest is stuff everybody already knows.

Now, if someone would come up to the plate and say something like "Now now, here's a nice little Grandpa with stock that you can play with and add in your little collection, would that change your attitide ?" well, that will be a whole different world ! hehe

Replied on: 03/05/2006 6:48:53 PM
Oh, just in case, I actually wouldn't mind if it's a nice T-97 with a mum or a mint MG round pressure tester instead of a Grandpa.

Replied on: 03/05/2006 6:51:24 PM

Reply author: jarjarbinks11
Replied on: 03/05/2006 7:01:49 PM
i told them the stock was refinished and that the monopod was bent to hell by being used....not from storage. his reply was that he welcomed my comments but he was sur ei wouldnt be bidding on it since i would just return it and that would waste our time. what a complete mis-representation! i hate to say it...but it almost qualifies as fraud

Reply author: Jap7.7
Replied on: 03/05/2006 7:43:27 PM
Hey Arisaka Dogs, I bought both of the flare pistols and holsters from Sig several years ago within a minute of each other. I could not believe that I was the only bidder. I think that I am the only one that ever got something nice at a good price from him. He must be selling to those Beverly Hills types out your way.

Replied on: 03/07/2006 10:25:37 PM
Hmmm, I only recall the one holster. Anyway, good on ya!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts