Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 1936 19/30 from a fella about four years ago and have never really figured this gun out. It is not a refurb, not import marked, in its original used shape but not rough, just used looking. Everything about the gun is aged together, the bolt and reciever numbers match, the butt plate is different as well as the magazine. The stock is the older style with the screw in sling hole reenforcements.

Where this rifle gets different is it has a wire sling swivel on the butt end and looks like their used to be one on the front. On the reciever/barrel markings the hammer and wreath that is on all my other mosin nagant rifles is ground off. the grinding is aged to the rest of the rifle. The barrel bands have a little button head on the lower side.

I have been told to look for a "Made in USSR" or "URRS" mark but their is none, there is no SA mark anywhere eithor.

I tried to take pics but they did not turn out, I'll try again tomorrow in the daylight.

Any ideas,

MikeP

·
Silver Bullet member
1,134 Posts
Is the barrel D marked?

As you suspect, pictures are the key!! Once you post them I'm sure someone will help clear up any questions you might have.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Could be 1950's or 1960's surplus from Franco's Spain. Possibly purchased by the Left Wing government 1936 to 1939 for the Spanish Civil War from Stalin. When the Leftist government was thrown out by Franco's armies they captured vast amounts of war materials. The Soviet arms were purchased with gold from the Spanish reserves. At the end of the war the Soviet Union had most of Spain's gold.

I think the "URRS" markings were put there after the war by Franco's government to show it was Soviet made.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts