Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Fat bullets make BIGGER holes in koreflute than .303 and have certain advantages in competitions. He wouldn't be the first, BP cartridge rifles stink nice and make a lot of smoke. Lots to like.

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
As much as I like collecting Enfields, I have to admit to having a sentimental weak spot for Martini's too. Let him sow his BP oats a while and he'll realize there's room for both in his life.

·
Registered
401 Posts
UMMMM.....I've didnt want to admit it but.... I have a Martini too
BUT its only a little one
A sportco .22 in bits awaiting some love and attention.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Pugs

You'll get a .303 Martini no problem, it's not a bolt action. Therefore not in the same group as the others. I saw one today if you're interested.

Yes, I do have one.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hmmm..A 303 Martini or a Water tank???

I know where theres a couple too , But I have to buy that bloody water tank and thats going to used my slushy/rifle fund up

·
Registered
378 Posts
What you gentlemen need is a Greener GP 12ga shotgun... there's a few of them floating about, they fire cheap, easy to get modern ammo, and best of all they're Cat A, so no having to provide mini essays to satisfy "Genuine Need" requirements!

I had quite a lot of fun at the clay target range not all that long ago shooting Clay Pigeons with my Greener GP whilst wearing a Pith Helmet... :D

Ok, I didn't do quite as well as the guys with the expensive under & overs, but that wasn't the point. ;)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Think I've used up my quota of bullsh1t reasons to get anymore on my cat A&B lic..
Then you'd better start using serious ones:D
I don't know what the law in Vic says but one of my original pieces of correspondence from NSW Firearms Registry states
"There are no restrictions on the number of firearms you may register".
Have you actually read the Vic Firearms legislation ? May be worth it and to take your complaint to your local member/club/SSAA making service the issue. Firearms Registry workers are Public Servants, you are the public and they are there to serve you. Rant off.
303Au where would one find one of these Greeners :confused:? I'm always open to a bit of fun and the clay pigeons sound like good lark.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No restrictions

In Victoria though there seems to be no limit to the number of firearms on an A+B if security is in place, you do have to show a 'genuine need' for each one. You hit a stop at three of the same thing for the same job. Ie three .303 bolt action for hunting pigs. They'll say why do you need four?

There is no problem of this kind on a 'collectors' licence, but if you actually want to use them A+B is the only way to go.

There is some leeway, but you do have to be creative with applications. In all honesty I can't understand the limitations to numbers and types, but I go by the rules because I enjoy my hobby so much.

·
Registered
370 Posts
you do have to show a 'genuine need' for each one. You hit a stop at three of the same thing for the same job. Ie three .303 bolt action for hunting pigs. They'll say why do you need four?
Are you sure on the genuine need bit ? I thought that was the case in NSW because that is the phrase the police and the anti's throw around. But if you actually get and read a copy of the Legislation the facts are different.
In NSW you don't have to show a "genuine need" for each firearm you purchase.
You only have prove a 'genuine reason' for acquiring a Firearms Licence.
Thereafter you only need a "good reason to acquire a firearm" for each purchase.
A subtle difference to be sure but a lower burden of proof. And yes, creativity doesn't go astray.

I have no problem with playing by the rules, I just like to be clear on exactly what the rules are. For instance, why is 3 the magic number in your example ?
Is it actually written into the Legislation ? I cannot speak for the Vic act but the only part of the NSW act that restricts numbers of firearms is the section dealing with Category C firearms.
And I agree about the collectors licence. I won't get a collectors licence because (IMHO) having them and not shooting them is a pointless exercise.

·
Registered
14,762 Posts
Mk2, Mk3, two Mk4's, two .303's ,several carbines in .45 and .303.
guess everybody does have them

Oh, by the way, Colour Sgt Bourne was known as "the kid" since he wasn't old enough to grow that amount of face fur.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts