Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Does anyone else here own a westernfield M72 lever action? they were made for Montgomery Wards by Mossberg in the early to mid 70's (from what I've found out). It is unique in that it has a safety (hammer block) and the trigger goes down with the lever.

So anyone else have one? :)

·
Gold Bulllet Member
2,446 Posts
Hello all! Does anyone else here own a westernfield M72 lever action? they were made for Montgomery Wards by Mossberg in the early to mid 70's (from what I've found out). It is unique in that it has a safety (hammer block) and the trigger goes down with the lever.

So anyone else have one? :)
I had one of those and traded it for a Pre. WW.2 Win. 94 .38-55 about seven years back. It was acurate enough but it would fire if i pulled that leaver closed too fast and i knew that parts would be a pain in the ass to find. Its the only one i have ever seen down here. chester.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had one of those and traded it for a Pre. WW.2 Win. 94 .38-55 about seven years back. It was acurate enough but it would fire if i pulled that leaver closed too fast and i knew that parts would be a pain in the ass to find. Its the only one i have ever seen down here. chester.
Can you elaborate on it would fire if the lever was pulled close to fast? Did yours have something wore out or possibly broke? Just curious.... :)

·
Gold Bulllet Member
2,446 Posts
Can you elaborate on it would fire if the lever was pulled close to fast? Did yours have something wore out or possibly broke? Just curious.... :)
Hello sniper69. The local Gunsmith that i traded it to (since closed up shop) said the top of the hammer and the underside of the bolt was worn down and needed to be built up. Hope this helps. Cheers chester.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chester - thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts