Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everybody! I have a Model 1867/77 Werndl rifle, and am curious about some markings. The top of the buttplate is marked 'R 8.4' over '4129'. The trigger plate is marked 'RATHNER' and the hammer and lock plate have 'VII' scribed on them. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks....

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Hello, everybody! I have a Model 1867/77 Werndl rifle, and am curious about some markings. The top of the buttplate is marked 'R 8.4' over '4129'. The trigger plate is marked 'RATHNER' and the hammer and lock plate have 'VII' scribed on them. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks....
Buttplate is a unit marking. Someone will likely be along with exact unit. Rathner not sure it sounds familiar. VII was the export parts marking.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 'VII' markings are on the inside of the lock plate and the underside/inside of the hammer. I forgot to add that information above. Also, the period between the '8' and the '4' is even with the crossbar(?) of the '4'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.