Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Maybe they just caught a bear crapping in the woods.
They do that you know. ;-)
Brgds, A

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
An obvious fake: the soldiers are too neat, clean and well shaved, the guys on the ground are carrying WW1 Mausers and Yeti is out of uniform.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Maybe Wyliecoyote has a point there...
Gradutation (afer basic training or some manouvers) picture ?
Brgds, A

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Seems like a German version of the Army Reserve on a weekend training exercise.

It's a pretty funny pic, especially because the officers on the ends look dead serious and only a couple of the guys are kinda smiling.

And then there's this big white smiling polar bear in the middle with two guys laying down in the front trying to look bad-ass! hahahaha

·
Registered
508 Posts
I vote real... Maybe it's just me, but it is really hard to find gew 98m's with the bolt cut-out... And for reenactors to have 7 (all but one bolt visible) would be highly unlikely... Especially since rc k98's are super cheap, and correct for the period...

·
Registered
917 Posts
Just browsing through my book "Bolt Action Military Rifles of the World", Mowbray & Puleo published some pretty funny photos of German soldiers posing naked except their gear, or the tallest guy and the shortest guy in the unit next to eath other... they make a good case that there were a lot more humorous photos than one might think. This one seems to fall into the same genre.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The more things change, the more they stay the same! No matter what time period or country......

I have plenty of pics of me and my buddies in Iraq doing all kinds of wierd crap, and yes some involved being naked except for some gear on. Get about 10 soldiers bored out of their minds with nothing to do, and a camera, and strange things happen....... Those are the ones my parents will NEVER see or I'll never hear the end of it.Luckily it was my camera so I don't appear in many of them! Deniability!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm glad you guys like the pic, I found it on one of the "chan" sites, in the random sub-boards.

What led me to believe it may be real is their early gear, and the fact that the two soldaten on either side of the bear are standing at full attention, while everone else is at ease. I'm not sure your everyday reenactor would pay attention to such detail, unless they are veterans.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
You mean it's not a REAL bear ?
:) A

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.