Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend tipped me off to this on gunbroker.

No scabbard, and unfortunately the blade's nickel-plated. But for $135 I couldn't resist. Unfortunately, having got my Winchester 1895 holy grail, and then found the even rarer bayonet for it, I'm kinda at a loss of what unobtainable to search for next.

Still, damn nifty to have one in less than two months for under two bills, when I was expecting it to take a year or two and cost twice that.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the killer. I think I've got a line on another, un-nickeled one for $250.

Think I should de-nickel/dull the blade? I've got a pretty good method of reducing the finish without stripping it completely that I've used on German bayonets to good effect, but I don't wanna ruin a finish that might've been done in Spain or something.

·
Registered
207 Posts
That's the killer. I think I've got a line on another, un-nickeled one for $250.

Think I should de-nickel/dull the blade? I've got a pretty good method of reducing the finish without stripping it completely that I've used on German bayonets to good effect, but I don't wanna ruin a finish that might've been done in Spain or something.
For $135 & $250 I would have both. Bill

·
Registered
3,802 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, that's rarer and harder to find, but grails are personal quests for neat stuff and not strictly based on rarity by the numbers. Also, I'm already edging out of my comfort zone when it comes to buying these, I'm supposed to be saving up for a car, and at a grand take-home a month, toys are a little prohibitive lately.

I figure I'll resell one of the bayos once I have both in-hand to compare. Never a bad thing to trade up and turn a profit.

Now, as for grails... I think a RSC-18 carbine might be nice, right?

·
Administrator
12,404 Posts
.. I'm kinda at a loss of what unobtainable to search for next...
Try to find these two Bulgarian-made Mannlicher bayonets; the one on the left is for M.88 (by A&K Gabrovo), the other for M.95 (by SA, Sofia Arsenal). You will see how easy it is. Existing numbers can be written with double digits even in their country of origin, Bulgaria. Truly Holy Grails for the Mannlicher collectors.

·
Gold Bullet member
855 Posts
Congrats on a great find! That's one nice looking Winchester, with it's bayonet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.