Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 11:00 AM.......Man, 9 years, plugging away, paying cash for chunks of it, taking out loans. Getting married along the way. Life threw up some roadblocks for me, and I have to admit I inadvertantly threw up a few of my own. But, its finally arrived. I'll shake the hand of a liberal professor who hates me, and get my little card after I walk the stage. You know, I am maybe a little embarrassed to admit it, but its going to be a big deal for me. I remember the nights I drove to algebra class, got home at 10:00 pm, got up at 3 am the next morning for overtime at my job and started another day. Semesters like that, flunking algebra a few times, feeling like I'd never get through it. Wondering if I'd be stick poping rivets at cessna forever, being a 'lifer' like so many out there. Being told by my mother, who taught music for 36 years and hated every minute of it that I would hate teaching like my father before me, that I'd never finish college, that I'd never get through algebra....Watching a close friends whose parents paid for there schooling graduate, wondering if and when I would. Going to other peoples college gradations, wondering when it would be me and IF it would ever be me. The moments of sheer terror that maybe I would never graduate, moments taking the praxis licensing exams, or doing bad on a test, or evenings throughout these last two semesters writing this bullshi* teacher work sample paper and wondering if I was doing it right (for an 89% on that)....

I think maybe the only person in my life hwo never doubted me was my wife. And she sacrificed for me to get done. She believed it me, supported me in it. Put up with my frustrations this last year with this dam*ed paper....helped me proof read it (and its boring as he**)......

Just glad its finally over. I'll never forget those long nights leaving algebra class at 9:50, driving home, wondering if I'd ever do it. Listening to older co-workers at cessna tell me I wouldn't, that I'd never graduate, and be a lifer like them. I'll NEVER forget those moments. And I wouldn't change a second of any of it. My father always told me growing up that the GREATEST revenge is SUCCESS. And I'll relish those memories now.

Anyways. I appriciate everyone on here who supported me in the recent fiasco. The advice, and support was a help. And thats not over quite yet, we'll see what might come in a week or two from it....

Thanks everyone.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,104 Posts
Congrats on the graduation.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha, the next blessing: my 23 year divorced parents did not ever meet up, and no foul language was ever used, and no incidents happened with them. The entire reception went off without a hitch. Graduation was a bit dull, but ok. Happy, glad to be done with school.....for now. May go back and get a masters in history to teach at the junior college level eventually......

·
Silver Bullet member
55,186 Posts
good job fellow teacher:clap: now the work begins for the next 30 + years
--got my masters at night and the next 48 hrs above the masters:cross<><dk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.