• sorry I can't get a leave pass

Votes: 13 76.5%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok Fellas I'm back

on the previous two forums I mentioned that a service shoot would be held at Lithgow on the Range which is behind the factory.

well here are the details.
Lithgow Service Rifle Blanket Shoot
3-4 November, 2007

Thales (ADI) Rifle Range, Finlay Avenue, Lithgow
Bring a prize worth approximately $20, and the prizes will be chosen by aggregate score for Sunday, within individual classes of aperture and open sights. If you cannot bring a prize, L-SARC will have a limited number on hand for you to purchase and present.

Saturday 3 November, 2007 9am sharp

RIMFIRE TRAINER SHOOT - 90/60/30 metres with Field Class - Rimfire Lithgow Small Arms Rifle Club. Training rifles or just bring any .22 cal and join in for fun. Have a go at the Trench Periscope Rifle!

Lunch at Lithgow Workmen’s Club – the oldest licenced club in NSW but with the freshest bain-marie. Then a Tag-along Military Tour of Lithgow including the recently expanded Small Arms Museum - details to come. Carpool, using 2-ways to get the commentary on the road. I have a bunch organized but bring some if you can. Tour free – courtesy Lithgow Heritage Tours and Lithgow National Trust. Museums will require standard entry fees if we want to go there.

Sunday 4 November, 2007 9am sharp

300 YARDS - FORCED APPLICATION – Four foot targets (Type C) - 10 rounds spotted (20 seconds each) - 2 optional sighters
DELIBERATE – Four foot targets (Type C) - 10 rounds in 2 minutes - no sighters.

200 YARDS RAPID - Figure 11 targets - 10 rounds in 50 seconds - 2 optional sighters

B.B.Q. lunch will be provided for all competitors and their families. Also rabbit camp oven if Nigel is lucky and the rabbits are not.

100 YARDS SNAP - Figure 12 targets - 10 rounds x 3 second each - no sighters. Targets may be exposed anywhere within the area of the individual target frames. I told you it would be interesting.

PRICE: Saturday morning Rimfire - $5 – Military history of Lithgow tour is FREE
Sunday - $25 with lunch and commemorative cloth patch for each competitor
(if I can arrange paid markers it will cost $10 extra and we can lie around all day)

RANGE AND SHOOT RULES –
All the standard range and safety rules will apply, and:
Eye and hearing protection is mandatory.
Range officers word is final.
Shoot is open to all comers who hold the appropriate licence.
Slings must be issue. Length of sling may be altered.
The same firearm must be used during all stages of each shoot.
No recoil pads, shooting gloves, shooting glasses and blinds, or anything else that in the organizers’ opinion in not in the spirit of the event.
Don’t forget to bring a prize – you do not want to miss out.
For further info: Ian Rufus 63514848 or [email protected]

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Shameless BUMP

I would have thought that this would have garnered more interest; to me it indicates that most of the previous Australian luminaries failed to make the transfer to the new forum and we are all poorer for their absence.

I mean when do you get a chance to both tour the SAF museum and shoot on the range the same weekend!

·
Banned
904 Posts
c'mon Stumpy

Dont be so hard....I'll be there if it means a divorce....(snicker snicker...what a great excuse....)

I've shot on that range a few times and its magic. And the tour of the small arms factory exhibits alone is worth the price... :)

I'll try to drum up more support from Vic.... Dr. Beer????

PS are firing positions as per normal....300 prone....200 Sitting and 100 Standing???

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
postions

As much as I would like it to be prone all the way through the standard positions are
to be adoped IE; 300 Prone 200 sitting/kneeling 100 standing offhand leastways that's the way that they were shot last year.

Lithgow have only been running service rifle events for about a year now even though I went to a meeting there in 1996 about starting up service rifle competition as I tell my wife all good things take time.

BTW I hear that your prize for the blanket is a case of vegemite and DR Beer is bringing two cases!

·
Banned
904 Posts
Hey Stumpy

The programme says that the 200 rapid has '2 optional sighters'....how is that worked in a rapid match??? are they fired in the overall time limit??? their own times??? are they marked in between???? How could they count as part of a rapid shoot if they're individually marked before the rest of it and not fired in the overall time limit????? Phew..so many questions....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
answers.

I take it to mean that prior to the rapid practice the competitor has the option of two sighting shots on the figure 11 target these sighters are not convertible, their purpose is to provide confidence that you can actually hit the figure 11 and also serves as a reminder to lower your sights from 300 to 200

Dr Beer: the modern targets will should be used

http://nraa.com.au/pubs/SSRs.pdf

Here are the rules I don’t think they had them in your day at the MRCA

Chapter 16.
Reference Rule 16.7.1.2 Timed Practices [snap shooting, rapid fire and fire with movement practices]
a) Each sighting shot where allowed, will be signalled by a spotting disc as for a deliberate shoot

I’d be giving Ian a ring Ian Rufus 63514848 or [email protected]

Just as an aside check out Chapter 17, if you wanted to get XC Hi-power into the NRAA SSR rulebook you could just add the XC course of fire to chapter 17.
Have it so that the standard field rifle course of fire as match 1 and the XC course of fire can be match 2.

Personally I would like to see the XC Hi Power course of fire in the NRAA rules as a stand-alone match because once you attached it to any of the existing chapters it will never get its own chapter.

·
Registered
151 Posts
XC

Gday stumpy,
I see it's raised its head again.
I think the NRAA has forgotten about it as i see the new amended SSR's is on the website, no mention of XC.
I have just scored 100 of each fig 12 and 11 for next year.
We will be shooting a 60 round match for the Queens or part there of next year.
It will be a 3 day shoot over our Queens birthday weekend, you will need around 180 rds!
Interested?
Cheers
NED

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SSR's

Of course I am interested but can old Mable make it over the Nullarbor? I just hope she can get me to Lithgow.
Did you have a close read of the new SSR’s I cannot understand why the new FREE CLASS RIMFIRE SHOOTING RULES have been put in Chapter 17 which is the FIELD Class chapter and already has a section for FIELD Class Rimfire shooting in it

If this new addition to the SSR’s is referring to FREE CLASS as stated then should it not be an addition to the FREE CLASS rules in Chapter 20?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rules

What do you mean by rules :eek:??,you have rules / please we are victorians and we scare easily :rolleyes: .
“Rules are for the instruction of fools and the guidance of wise men”

Don’t you have a problem with people firing more than the allowed numbers of shots in rapids and claiming that patches have fallen off?

I have had some experience with Victorians; I believe that some of them are afraid of catching “Gay” it all comes of living in the same state as the vegemite factory. ;)

Remember with "Gay" you double your chances of getting laid! :cool:

·
Banned
904 Posts
Hey Stumpy

Dr Beer and I will be in Lithgow Friday arvo/early evening. If there's anything you need us to do for ya or get ring me on 0425713754

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dr Beer and I will be in Lithgow Friday arvo/early evening. If there's anything you need us to do for ya or get ring me on 0425713754
that's most kind

I hope thats not a "Gay" offer :rolleyes:

Tell me do they have vegemite wrestling in a pub near You? ;)

·
Banned
904 Posts
Dr Beer.....

promises to keep his hands to himself. Vegemite wrestling???? hmmmm could be a hit...we do however indulge in Kiwi throwing though...thats fun.

(We put 'em in a velcro suit then hurl 'em against a wall....the winner is the thrower who has the most Kiwis 'stick' on the wall)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Lithgow is my club and I got the usual internal newsletter ... I'll be there, should be a good shoot. Look forward to seeing some forum faces.

·
Banned
904 Posts
thats great....

Hope to see ya there. Be careful though...on the morning of the shoot check your breakfast for any unauthorised vegemite....Dr.Beer can be ruthless....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i'm ready

Well I've loaded the cartridges
But I’m feeling a little perverse and think I might take my P14

Hey Tikirocker I would be watching out if I were you with a name like that, whiterider might have brought the Velcro suit :eek:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hot!

yeah, it was a good time except that the CRO was a bt of a [email protected]#!&*d
oh wait that was me!

where were the tubs of vegimite for prizes from the victorian contingent?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts