Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

A while back I acquired a Webley WS Target revolver. I had to replace the cylinder as the teeth were worn on the old one and the timing was way off (even for a webley!). I know next to nothing about these pistols and can't find any information about them online other than random auction sites which just have physical characteristics. I mostly want to know how many of them were made? When were they made?

Thanks!

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
99,373 Posts
PISTOLS OF THE WORLD has an entry that answers SOME of your questions:

W.S. Army and Bisley Target Models
In 1904 Webley & Scott introduced a .455 target revolver marked either W.S. Army Model or W.S. Target Model on the top strap. The guns were essentially similar and known collectively as "Bisley Target Revolvers". Foreshadowing the appearance of the future Mark VI, though built from Mark IV components, they has barrels of 4in, 6in, or 7.5in and the usual target sights.

Sorry it doesn't have more.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Clyde, thanks for the info. My pistol has the 7.5" barrel and shoots very well. I had thought they were produced concurrent to the Mark VI not as what seems to be a prototype! Interesting.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Hi Clyde, thanks for the info. My pistol has the 7.5" barrel and shoots very well. I had thought they were produced concurrent to the Mark VI not as what seems to be a prototype! Interesting.
They were not prototypes and remained available until the 1930s. Richard Milner in the UK has the Webley archives and can help you; go to www.armsresearch.co.uk

Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts