Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally acquired a Webley WG for the collection. It has all the tell tale marks of a target model. The only real negative is this one has been shaved to accept 45 ACP on moon clips/45 Auto rim. The price was right so I cannot complain and it seems to be sorted from a mechanical standpoint. I have about 100 rounds of 45 auto rim that I loaded with trailboss to 455 standard. Hope to give it a go this weekend. or next depending on weather.

·
Registered
796 Posts
That, never the less, is a beauty!
A fine addition to any collection.
I believe the cylinder church steeple flutes dates it prior to 1892(?)

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
511 Posts
Nice older WG. Mine also is a shaved target but has the later rounded cylinder cuts and original walnut grips. Great revolvers. Your revolver would be more correct for my impression than mine as Rorke’s Drift was on January 21-22 1879. As Colour Sgt Bourne would say, “no comedians please.”

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice piece, much easier to shoot and less expensive than 455 ammo. Shoot it and enjoy!

G2
I roll my own so no biggie there. I actually have around 200 rounds of loaded 45 ACP and 45 auto rim that I did for when I had a shaved webley in 2016. Cast 230gr RN bullet and 3.8gr of trailboss.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I cast my own 265 gr RNHB boolits. With the hollow base they are a pita to cast but my Webleys love them.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cast my own 265 gr RNHB boolits. With the hollow base they are a pita to cast but my Webleys love them. View attachment 3764870
I run something very similar when I do proper 455 handloads. 265gr RNHB and 4gr of HP-38 when I do those. If I can remember correct, I got my bullets off of gunbroker. Whoever cast them looks to have used the same mold as you.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shot 18 rounds and it felt like a popgun. I had to check a few times to see if I had a squib. Seemed to function fine although hitting my AR500 plates had the same result as if I was shooting a 32 ACP.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sounds like you need to ump it up some. I just looked at my ammo shelf and the last .455 loads were 265 gr with 4.0 gr of Bullseye.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like you need to ump it up some. I just looked at my ammo shelf and the last .455 loads were 265 gr with 4.0 gr of Bullseye.
Sounds like it. Might go up to 4.2gr next go around but I think the .452 bullet is undersized and not allowing a good pressure to build up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts