Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks! I could use some help here.

Picked this revolver up today from my LGS. Looks to be a late WWII Commercial Webley IV, but I'm not an expert on these things by any means, and the markings dont tell me much. They dont say Webley or Enfield anywhere.

Any british revolver experts around that can tell me a little more about this piece?

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
May I suggest you 'double down' on your request here by posting the Gunboards "Weapons of The British Commonwealth" Forum. You can thus have benefit of two 'overlapping' expertise areas and perspectives. I have a high condition, entirely commercial Colt New Service in .45 Long Colt, 4.5" barrel with a single small British marking barely discernible. Moreover, entirely unlike British proclivity for billboarding proofs and the like. An off chance post in that WBC forum produced amazing results. While my gun remains something of a mystery, I do know far more of it's story and many puzzle pieces together.
Just a suggestion!
Best!
John

·
Registered
295 Posts
The marking on the right side between the trigger and grip is that used by RSAF Enfield for revolvers produced as No. 2 Mk 1** between 1942 and 1945. The asterix indicates it is in the early part of that period - the later part had a 5-pointed star in place of the asterix.

Or so says the book .380 Enfield No. 2 Revolver by Mark Stamps and Ian Skennerton, on page 113.

Reactions: lukasfehr
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.