Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, Cerrosafe arrived and I cast the chamber (this stuff is sooo easy to work with, worth the cost!). I'm at a loss as it's looking more like a 9mm Mars at this point. The bore is definitely 9mm. The cartridge has a 45 degree shoulder and the OAL should be in the 1 inch range. Don't have access to dimensions for the 9mm Mars case but a photo from a cartridge collector's site shows a strong similarity. GunnerSam might be right, this could be a wildcat/tool room one-off, if it isn't a 9mm Mars.
If anyone has any thoughts on the matter please share! And I do appreciate all the thoughtful posts to my previous thread on my MKI N.
Cheers,
Mawkie

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The more I look at this chamber and dimensions for Webley MKI Self Loading .455 cartridge the more I'm coming around to the conclusion that this is a wildcat. Probably took a MKI and necked it down to 9mm. After the new year, when things slow down in the machine shop I'll steal one of the staff to work with me to hand tool a dummy round based on the MKI. If all goes well I just might look into having dies made to form my own brass and reload. Probably easier and cheaper than finding an original MKI N barrel in .455!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts