Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this for 30+ years.It looks like something was ground off the top strap and then a very crude large broad arrow was stamped on it.All numbers match and in original caliber.My Earlier 1918 has more broad arrow proofs on most of the parts and the 1924 just has the large one and one on the frame.
Vertebrate Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel
Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel Wood
Tool Bicycle part Wood Rim Gas
Trigger Material property Office equipment Gun accessory Revolver
Gas Wood Auto part Household hardware Metal
Auto part Motor vehicle Revolver Gun accessory Trigger
Vehicle Wood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design
Helmet Personal protective equipment Close-up Metal Fashion accessory
Auto part Motor vehicle Revolver Gun accessory Trigger

Reactions: Elvispack

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had this for 30+ years.It looks like something was ground off the top strap and then a very crude large broad arrow was stamped on it.All numbers match and in original caliber.My Earlier 1918 has more broad arrow proofs on most of the parts and the 1924 just has the large one and one on the frame.
View attachment 3790790 View attachment 3790791 View attachment 3790792 View attachment 3790793 View attachment 3790794 View attachment 3790795 View attachment 3790796 View attachment 3790797 View attachment 3790798
I know enough to be dangerous. Your revolver is a Enfield manufactured MARK VI. It has a 5 digit SN; Webley MARK VIs had 6 digit SNs. See page 208 of Webley Revolvers by Bruce and Reinhart. Have no idea about the Broad Arrow.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yeah, not a Webley. I've seen some crude naval BAs in the topstrap, but none of them I've seen have been as crude as yours. Is there small capital N stamped on the prawl (on the backstrap at the very top, beneath the hammer)?

It's a very nice example of an Enfield. How's she shoot?

·
Registered
25 Posts
View attachment 3790790 View attachment 3790791 View attachment 3790792 View attachment 3790793 View attachment 3790794 View attachment 3790795 View attachment 3790796 View attachment 3790797 View attachment 3790798
Hi, I have a Webley mark VI I posted pics on the guns of the British Commonwealth. I also have a large broad arrow on the top strap. I thought maybe it was rare, but some of the members set me straight. Was there any difference in the Enfield vs. The Webley? I know the Enfield was a direct rip off of the Webley by the royal armory. Are the parts interchangeable do you know? Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
I also have an Enfield mk VI 1924 with the exact same arrow as yours has. Mine doesn't have a N on the pawl. It does have broad arrow marks on the left side of the top strap and the left side of the trigger. I always thought the crappy mark was done by Buba to enhance the value as a Navy revolver. But apparently they are legit marking??? Does this mark enhance the value somewhat?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Welllll... I've seen a lot of Navy broad arrows on a lot of top straps, and a lot of them are pretty crude. But they've all got the N on the prawl, so I'm not sure where that leaves us. An awful lot of .455 Webleys made their way into the Royal Navy, and I wouldn't expect to charge (or pay) a premium for the topstrap BA.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welllll... I've seen a lot of Navy broad arrows on a lot of top straps, and a lot of them are pretty crude. But they've all got the N on the prawl, so I'm not sure where that leaves us. An awful lot of .455 Webleys made their way into the Royal Navy, and I wouldn't expect to charge (or pay) a premium for the topstrap BA.
My 1916 Webley Mark VI also has the "N" on the frame right behind the trigger. But some of the members told me that did not enhance the value very much, however if is an uncut revolver in the original 455 caliber, that would be the driver of value.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My Revolver does not have the N stamped on the back strap like yours does.I guess I should have called this an Enfield made Webley Mk VI revolver.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.