Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should be taking possession of a Webley MKIV 38 in the next week or so and I am looking for a repro leather flap holster for it. All the ones I find appear to be sized for the MKVI. I have seen originals which appear to be properly sized but can't locate one of those either. Not looking to spend a fortune either. Anybody have a source out there?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm certainly no expert but wouldn't a .38 Webley use a webbing holster? I always thought that the use of Sam Browne equipment for the British Army pretty well finished at the end of the Great War.

Notwithstanding the fact that I had to polish mine for far more time than was good for me but that wasn't for wearing out in the woods!

Maybe our friends in Canada might help on the basis that the RCMP might have used suitable leather equipment?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Watcher. I already have '37 web holsters that I got for my Enfield. Just was hoping to find leather. There is one on one of the gun auction sites right now but it's in the $80 range and has some cracking started. I quess I will just have to keep on looking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts