Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a nice MkIV last month. One of the nicest I seen in a long time with just minor holster wear. 155xxx serial,no import mark but has export proofs.

Enfield No2MkI** 1942 I picked up today, 53 FTR'd w/ black paint. Pretty good shape,no import mark but has export proofs.

Both have matching #'s and excellent bores, been looking for deceant examples of both for awhile, most I have come across " especially Webley's " have been in poor shape with buggered screws.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,842 Posts
I have an Enfield like yours. It was my first pistol. I was 16 and on my way home from school and stopped in a gun shop, saw the pistol and after school the next day I purchased it (having brought money from home). It cost me $10. Then I carried it home thru town in my hand.

·
Registered
14,762 Posts
They are not export proofs. ANY firearm sold in the U.K. MUST pass through the proof house before being sold on the civillian market AND that includes ex-military ones.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Is your S&W in 380 or 38 Spl Gerry, because the stock plates are wrong for a wartime "38/200". They are, I believe, post war Magna grips.

Peter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts