Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any good photos of these fascinating revolvers? In particular, I need pics of the .320, .380 and .450 models.

If you can help please contact me or post the pics here.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here's a page from an 1890s Webley catalog that gives a nice comparison of the three calibers' sizes.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool....thank you.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For an article I'm writing. BTW, a gentleman has provided me the necessary photos.

Thanks to all.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,011 Posts
Krag,

My images of "THE PUG" were published in a Man At Arms article a few years ago. When your article is published please let us know.

Best regards,
Greg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

Can anyone tell me whether these handguns ever had 'English Bulldog' inscribed on the top? I am sure that I saw one with this inscription some years ago. From memory, the gun looked very similar to the photos I have seen of the British Bulldog (with 5 chambers), and belonged to a WW2 vet (of course he could have owned it long before this).

·
Silver Bullet member
2,011 Posts
Can anyone tell me whether these handguns ever had 'English Bulldog' inscribed on the top? I am sure that I saw one with this inscription some years ago. From memory, the gun looked very similar to the photos I have seen of the British Bulldog (with 5 chambers), and belonged to a WW2 vet (of course he could have owned it long before this).
The Belgians made alot of these revolvers in small batches and marked them with various trade names, most commonly "British Bulldog." "English Bulldog" is not at all common. If I was to guess, I would say that the man had a Belgian made revolver, circa 1885 - 1914.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Old records list 3 examples I had marked English Bulldog, one retailed by J. P. Clabrough & Bros, one by J. Wilkes, Leeds and one no retailer. All .44s with Birmingham proofs but Continental type lockwork, indicating they actually originated in Belgium.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts