Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my nephew from my first marriage. i believe "once family, always family". i was lucky enough to be able to attend his funeral as he was buried in phx next to his grandmother. i've never been one to sit and look at my milsurp collection and wonder, "how many did this gun kill". but now as i sit here looking at 50 or so rifles and handguns from various arenas of war, im wondering, "how many families were gathered like ours was today because of these weapons and the soldiers that weilded them?"
http://www.news8austin.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=192390

·
Registered
490 Posts
Man....23 years old...

Sorry to hear that...

Prayers go out to all the family and loved ones....

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
97,088 Posts
Rough news. At least he had the privilege (far too young) to go doing what he thought was right. Many don't. That would probably be cold comfort to his family.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fallen Solider

I am sorry for your loss; I have often wondered the same thing about my military rifles, and the stories behind them.

I have served during Viet Nam, and I can assure you that I think about my friends and family that are no longer here, the friends I went to school with in 1969, All the memories we had, we were truly brothers

Now as a grandfather I think about my brothers son who now serves in Iraq and the many young American men and women and there dedication for our country. I wish I could take their place, but at 56 with several back operations it is not possible. I never thought our children would have to serve.

I can tell you that we were proud to serve, and that we did not want to bring sadness to our families.

Every day I live is in honor of those fallen soldiers. When I salute the flag at a ball game tears always come from my heart. And I know for sure many thousands of Americans stand with you.

I just put the grandchildren to sleep and we said a prayer for Aran J. Walker... God Bless

1 - 5 of 5 Posts