Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen, I have a friend who is in the beginning stages of a divorce and he had to move some of his guns ( quickly and quietly ) in an effort to secure them for long term until some dust settles , his only option was to slather them in WD-40 and put them back in the cases, both long guns in socks and hard clam shell type cases and pistols in gun rugs ( soft ) ...I told him some oil, is better than no oil and we all know WD really isn't oil, but is there any long term effects on the wood or the WD and the gun laying wet in the pistol rugs.

I made an offer to store some of them for him and really get them oiled up properly but his wife is friends with my wife and he doesn't want them ( his guns ) to have any negative attention

what says the collectors ....and thanks

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for the record I did not recommend or condone him using WD-40, I think that all he had on hand, I only heard about this a few days after the move, this is NOT a this oil is better than that oil thread, I'm just worried, as someone who one day soon might be in a position to make him an offer on some of his collection as to potential damage from the WD-40 as his only resort to protection

more over damage from the metal to cloth as in the pistol rug contact , or the WD sitting on the wood of some of the rifles and then put back into cases ????

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.